tool off sets

  • johnstij
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 13, 2008
      I have converted my mill to CNC & using TURBOCNC s/w. My problem is
      that even after reading the user guide several times I cannot
      understand how to set the tool offsets. when I follow the guide I end
      up with a tool offset file which loads when i start TURBOCNC. but when
      I run a machine program it takes no acount of the cutter diameter.Is
      the table meant to move before machining starts to compensate for the
      cutter diameter or does the program compensate for the diameter? Can
      any one help with a step by step guide on how to set offsets? TIA
      >ian
    • Art Eckstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 13, 2008
        At this time, Turbocnc does NOT have diametric cutter offset.

        The offset table you refer to is for length only.

        Any diameter offset has to be done at the g-code level (and easiest
        if you use a cam program)

        Bubba