Re: [turbocnc] [OT] New RFQ Website

  • Dan
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
      Roland,

      Thanks for your input. I have taken what you said and added a brief porfolio of my self and my work. I am an avid furniture builder and have posted this under the user name dreedy. Please take a look and any more input is appreciated.

      Dan
      www.mfgoptions.com

      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 31, 2007
        Thank you for you input. I have taken the time to input a profile
        (under member name dreedy) for some of the work that I have done in
        the past year or so (I am an avid cabinetmaker) to give others a
        chance to look at a few more of the features that we have. I have
        also added a "dummy" project for others to see. It also shows up on
        the home page as well - a neat feature. I appreciate any feedback
        others have, so please let me know if i can be of help.

        Dan
        www.mfgoptions.com

        --- In turbocnc@yahoogroups.com, "Roland Jollivet"
        <Roland.Jollivet@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > sounds nice. I intend to join later. You really should have
        canvassed a few
        > local suppliers before you put the site up. Nothing worse than
        visiting a
        > completely empty store. At least a few dummy vendors as templates;
        >
        > Roland
        >
        > On 31/12/2007, anysuggestionsforaprofilename <dreedy@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > We are pleased to announce the launch of our new RFQ website
        > > www.mfgoptions.com. MFG Options is a new website dedicated to
        > > finding sales leads for skilled manufactures of Commercial
        > > construction and metalworking projects as well as home / hobbiest
        > > work. We are asking qualified vendors to register (for free) and
        > > give the site a trial run.
        > >
        > > Currently you will not find any open RFQ as we are working to
        sign up
        > > qualified vendors at this time. Once we have a solid membership we
        > > will be persueing new work to be posted on our site for vendors to
        > > bid on.
        > >
        > > A few things that we feel make our site different from other RFQ
        is
        > > the low price of membership, a robust feedback system, and the
        > > ability to create on online portfolio of your work for others to
        > > view. Please check the site out and provide us with any feedback
        you
        > > might have.
        > >
        > > Thank you
        > >
        > > Dan Reedy
        > > MFG Options
        > > www.mfgoptions.com

      • Roland Jollivet
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
          Hi Dan

          Looks good. I don't know how much time you spent building the site, as only
          yesterday I came across;
          http://www.vinnylingham.com/synthasite-my-venture-capital-blogroll.html
          which offers a free platform to put such a site together.

          Roland

          PS. since there's so little traffic at the moment, I hope these postings
          don't offend the moderators.

          On 01/01/2008, anysuggestionsforaprofilename <dreedy@...> wrote:

          > Thank you for you input. I have taken the time to input a profile
          > (under member name dreedy) for some of the work that I have done in
          > the past year or so (I am an avid cabinetmaker) to give others a
          > chance to look at a few more of the features that we have. I have
          > also added a "dummy" project for others to see. It also shows up on
          > the home page as well - a neat feature. I appreciate any feedback
          > others have, so please let me know if i can be of help.
          >
          > Dan
          > www.mfgoptions.com
          >
          > --- In turbocnc@yahoogroups.com <turbocnc%40yahoogroups.com>, "Roland
          > Jollivet"
          > <Roland.Jollivet@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi
          > >
          > > sounds nice. I intend to join later. You really should have
          > canvassed a few
          > > local suppliers before you put the site up. Nothing worse than
          > visiting a
          > > completely empty store. At least a few dummy vendors as templates;
          > >
          > > Roland
          > >
          > > On 31/12/2007, anysuggestionsforaprofilename <dreedy@...> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > We are pleased to announce the launch of our new RFQ website
          > > > www.mfgoptions.com. MFG Options is a new website dedicated to
          > > > finding sales leads for skilled manufactures of Commercial
          > > > construction and metalworking projects as well as home / hobbiest
          > > > work. We are asking qualified vendors to register (for free) and
          > > > give the site a trial run.
          > > >
          > > > Currently you will not find any open RFQ as we are working to
          > sign up
          > > > qualified vendors at this time. Once we have a solid membership we
          > > > will be persueing new work to be posted on our site for vendors to
          > > > bid on.
          > > >
          > > > A few things that we feel make our site different from other RFQ
          > is
          > > > the low price of membership, a robust feedback system, and the
          > > > ability to create on online portfolio of your work for others to
          > > > view. Please check the site out and provide us with any feedback
          > you
          > > > might have.
          > > >
          > > > Thank you
          > > >
          > > > Dan Reedy
          > > > MFG Options
          > > > www.mfgoptions.com

        • Dave Mucha
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1, 2008
            I have to agree.

            I use www.jobshops.com for finding people who are in business. it is
            pretty easy to send out drawings and get bids.

            I think a few requests for people who are willing to make parts would
            get someone in almost every category of the new site.

            I do wish you well.

            Dave