Hi to everybody

  • Adilson
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
      Hi to everybody
      Someone knows some informs of Dave,ele walks a little vanished .
      Does not he answer anymore my e-mails will be that he has with
      problems?
    • Mark
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2007
        I think turbocnc has just been abandoned. I have been waiting for constant
        contouring and

        cutter comp for a long long time now. It was redone in prep to add this,
        got so close but

        never happened.

        Mark

        Someone knows some informs of Dave,ele walks a little vanished .
        Does not he answer anymore my e-mails will be that he has with
        problems?

      • Jerry Jankura
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 6, 2007
          Mark wrote:
          > I think turbocnc has just been abandoned. I have been waiting for constant
          > contouring and
          >
          > cutter comp for a long long time now. It was redone in prep to add this,
          > got so close but
          >
          > never happened.
          Hi, Mark:

          You don't mention the type of computer that you're running - processor speed and memory available - but you might want to look at either CNCPro (for DOS) or EMC (for Linux). Both are now open source, with the source freely available. Of the two, EMC offers the most support. Both have a lookahead buffer, so many of the issues of traversing arcs around inflection points are simply gone.

          Unfortunately, your assessment of TurboCNC's development status is a lot closer to the truth than many of us would like to believe. As far as I know, there hasn't been any work done on it in over a year. I know that Dave K's pretty busy globetrotting for his "real job" and that plays into the picture. I moved over to Linux and EMC near the first of the year. It works great; too bad that it doesn't have the "language" built in that TurboCNC has.

          -- Jerry Jankura
          So many toys.... So little time....