newbee any help appreciated

  • aerodecals
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
      First off thank you for taking the time to put this website together
      however did that my hat is off to you, this is great. Even if I dont
      get a response its great to be able to vent a little. I Paid for a
      cnc router from 3d routers in illinois last year and finally got part
      of a machine this week. it is not all that I ordered but it has the
      table
      3 axisis 3 stepper motors, gantry, and is wired to what looks like a
      control box. with a printer cable coming out of it. I sure would like
      to put it together and have it work. it was suppose to have a bosch
      motor and spindle and I want to use it for engraving and cutting
      holes in .030 aluminum and to manufacture instrument panels for
      equipment.
      I am not sure if it is even capable of cutting this material.
      . I am currently doing this on an enco milling machine and it just
      seems like overkill and very time consuming to do it manually for
      each hole and location.
      If some one is interested insteering me in the right direction I am
      all ears. I can put pictures of the machine I have up on the web and
      am at present wondering were to get software that will run this thing.
      I have computers with win 98, dos. win xp and win 2000
      also have win access and win vb6 software. Any help or leads would be
      great. Thanks Jack
    • Art Eckstein
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
        Hi Jack,
        Welcome to the group and best of luck in your endeavors.

        From the information you have given, it sounds like it should
        connect to the parallel port on a computer which will host the
        control program. You can download various flavors of turbocnc from
        the files section here or you can find the latest official
        distribution on the www.dakeng.com site. Turbocnc runs under dos
        (NOT a dos window) and as such, the 98 box you have should be more
        than adequate.

        You will need to know the pinout of the cable so you can properly
        setup the configuration file so the machine will work.

        Hopefully, you have a manual that will give you this information. I
        attempted to locate the company on the web, but the link I found was
        dead. If you have a current link, maybe we can help.

        Bubba

      • aerodecals@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
          thanks for the quick response and your time and info, I can upload some
          images of the machine on my website so it can be viewed . I'm not sure if I'm
          smart enough to figure this all out. I know that the parameters willneed to be
          set up and ive never done that and also there are no safety micro stop switches
          on the machine it does not have the motor or spindle but that shouldn't be
          to difficult to figure out, . Its all the software stuff and making sure the
          electricity is all right and correct the box has 110 going in and the 3 motors
          are connected with 6 wires to each motor that has 8 wires so 2 of the wires
          go to the same connector Best thing to do is get the pics online I will do
          that at aerodecals.com On the Projects page
          at the CNC thumbnail icon again thanks for the time, I am in Florida thanks
          Jack
          http://www.aol.com

        • aerodecals@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
            I do not mind paying for software and will do what I can TO contribute to
            this website its great and i appreciate all the help thanks Jack
            http://www.aol.com

          • aerodecals@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 3, 2007
              got the pics online thanks Jack