Re: Multiple passes for a turning profile?

  • ijeffsc
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 1, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm pretty new to TurboCNC also but I'm pretty comfortable with code. My first project
      attempt was a file handle shape that would be very similar idea to your cannon profile. I
      started with a single profile and I'm now working on a general purpose loop.

      There is an example on page 80 of the manual on how to construct a loop. You could
      almost just drop your code into the section marked "; Contour cutting subroutine". You
      should write your profile code in incremental mode (G91).

      The other thing you can do is to just cut the profile, jog the machine in, and cut the profile
      again.

      You should be aware that the shape of your cutting tool will affect the profile. The easiest
      way to cope with this is to use a cutter with a circular profile. At least for radius curves
      the calculation of the offset is reasonably easy.

      Hope that helps.

      IJ