Feed override

  • Frank-Peter Kurda
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 1, 2002
      Hi,

      I've a question about feed override:

      why dosn't it work at arcs and interpolated moves ?
      Is it possible to change a (temporary) F-value by the override and then
      make a new calculation of the speed, not immediately. After the current
      move would be ok.

      And one more question:
      was the problem with the arcs corrected at the downloadable
      runtime-version ? (the problem which would be fixed with
      " IF (X=0) AND (Y<0) THEN Angle:=1.5*PI; " )

      There are some people in the german CNC-echo, who don't know about TCNC
      and they have seen my work by TCNC. When there was still on this prob
      (when the arc is with I or J value of zero) I will give them my run-time

      RU Frank
    • dkowalcz2000
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 4, 2002
        Frank,

        I'll take a closer look at this and make it more intuitive for
        3.1a, which is very close to being done. If only I could stop
        adding "just one more thing" to it....

        To answer your other question - the download version is v3.1 with
        all the same foibles, including the 6 o'clock bug. If you need a
        fixed version ASAP, then I'll send one offlist. This is so the
        version number is a reliable indicator of which version of the
        program it is. Before, I was pretty fast and loose with floating in-
        between versions around, and it makes support much more confusing.

        Dave Kowalczyk
        Everett WA

        --- In turbocnc@y..., "Frank-Peter Kurda" <F.Kurda@f...> wrote:
        > Hi,
        >
        > I've a question about feed override:
        >
        > why dosn't it work at arcs and interpolated moves ?
        > Is it possible to change a (temporary) F-value by the override and
        then
        > make a new calculation of the speed, not immediately. After the
        current
        > move would be ok.
        >
        > And one more question:
        > was the problem with the arcs corrected at the downloadable
        > runtime-version ? (the problem which would be fixed with
        > " IF (X=0) AND (Y<0) THEN Angle:=1.5*PI; " )
        >
        > There are some people in the german CNC-echo, who don't know about
        TCNC
        > and they have seen my work by TCNC. When there was still on this
        prob
        > (when the arc is with I or J value of zero) I will give them my run-
        time

        > RU Frank
      • High Tech
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 4, 2002
          Dave,
          Can you make a folder in the files section that stores the different
          versions. This would be very helpful to us if we need to revert back to
          previous version or try new prototypes. Also this would give you more
          feedback on working projects.
          Just keep a clear version number or lettering system so when someone needs
          help they can include the proper version identification.

          PS. Just to let you know I got 3.1 working great on my cheap built home
          router (see photo section). The motors are underpowered and the machine
          could be a lot better, I'm still getting 13 ipm which is faster than I could
          get before.

          Keep up the good work!
          Derek B.
          High Tech Systems
          Denver, Co.

          I'll take a closer look at this and make it more intuitive for
          3.1a, which is very close to being done. If only I could stop
          adding "just one more thing" to it....

          To answer your other question - the download version is v3.1 with
          all the same foibles, including the 6 o'clock bug. If you need a
          fixed version ASAP, then I'll send one offlist. This is so the
          version number is a reliable indicator of which version of the
          program it is. Before, I was pretty fast and loose with floating in-
          between versions around, and it makes support much more confusing.

          Dave Kowalczyk
          Everett WA
        • Carol & Jerry Jankura
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 4, 2002
            Derek:

            Personally, I'd be reluctant to provide older versions of TurboCNC because
            each "revision" provides both additional functionality and patches. Using an
            older version simply reintroduces those errors. I would expect that those of
            us who have used TurboCNC for a while keep our own archives starting with
            OUR first version. For those who are just starting out, there's no real
            reason to use an older version than the current one.

            When TurboCNC moves from 3.x to 4.x, which is a complete rewrite of the
            program from Pascal to C++, I think that it would be reasonable to continue
            to make version 3.1x available (at least to registered users) after the 4.x
            release.

            -- Jerry

            |Dave,
            |Can you make a folder in the files section that stores the different
            |versions. This would be very helpful to us if we need to revert back to
            |previous version or try new prototypes. Also this would give you more
            |feedback on working projects.
            |Just keep a clear version number or lettering system so when someone needs
            |help they can include the proper version identification.
            |
            |PS. Just to let you know I got 3.1 working great on my cheap built home
            |router (see photo section). The motors are underpowered and the machine
            |could be a lot better, I'm still getting 13 ipm which is faster
            |than I could
            |get before.
            |
            |Keep up the good work!
            |Derek B.
            |High Tech Systems
            |Denver, Co.

            | I'll take a closer look at this and make it more intuitive for
            |3.1a, which is very close to being done. If only I could stop
            |adding "just one more thing" to it....
            |
            | To answer your other question - the download version is v3.1 with
            |all the same foibles, including the 6 o'clock bug. If you need a
            |fixed version ASAP, then I'll send one offlist. This is so the
            |version number is a reliable indicator of which version of the
            |program it is. Before, I was pretty fast and loose with floating in-
            |between versions around, and it makes support much more confusing.
            |
            |Dave Kowalczyk
            |Everett WA

          • High Tech
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 4, 2002
              Jerry I think you misunderstood the jist of what I was saying. I am not
              asking to store versions back to the original 1.0. Just when there is an
              update to the current version such as patches and the previous version. Then
              if it doesn't work out exactly right you can reinstall the original version.
              Then you will have everyone who is using the program working on the bugs of
              each release or prerelease. Basically beta testers this will give you
              immediate feedback.
              Once the versions move on you can delete the older versions that had the
              bugs in them.
              Maybe this folder can contain notes or docs for everyone.
              Just a thought since Dave is email out patches.

              Derek B.
              High Tech Systems
              Denver, Co.