Probe Not working

  • jdnow2001
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      Hi All
      I finished making a probe, tried it out using Tcnc 3.25. But it
      does not work!!!!!!
      Used fkeybit to check it out, works fine, set config, pin 14,
      active high.
      When I changed it to active low, then when I issue the first G31
      Y## it writes to the data file once.
      It has a pull up resister in the circuit to ensure 5 Vdc, the probe
      when not activated grounds the signal line.

      Any suggestions where to go from here.

      John
    • Dave Kowalczyk
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
        John:

        If trying both active high and low doesn't work, then my suggestions are:

        - As I understand your post, it writes to the data file immediately after
        G31 is executed; without moving? The probe strike is taken as the
        inactive --> active transition only, so the program thought it saw a pulse.
        Might want to check for noise on the pin if you have a scope, or just add a
        small cap (.1 uF or so) from the pin to ground.

        - Switch to one of pins 10,11,12,13,15 as these are explicitly "input only"
        on the port hardware, whereas 1,14,16,17 are both input and output
        simultaneously in a rather strange way.

        Congrats on building your own probe by the way. They're tricky to make.

        Yours,
        Dave Kowalczyk
        (dkowalcz@...)