motor identification

  • Philippe Vessaire
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
      Hello,

      I found for free (from printers) old stepper motors
      TEC CLA45-14601
      8v
      10 ohm / phase
      1.8° per step

      seems to be Nema23 size.

      Is someone knows the torque?

      I hope to drive with gecko electronic drive with 36Vcc suply

      Thanks
      --
      Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬
      philippe.vessaire@...
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
        Hi Philippe,

        I didn't look them up, but they are probably 40 - 50 oz/in. What
        printer are they from?

        The 8V will limit the current. Not a best choice.

        Are they 5 wire? That would be unipolar, and not work with the Geckos.

        4,6 or 8 wire would work.

        Alan KM6VV

        Philippe Vessaire wrote:
        > Hello,
        >
        > I found for free (from printers) old stepper motors
        > TEC CLA45-14601
        > 8v
        > 10 ohm / phase
        > 1.8° per step
        >
        > seems to be Nema23 size.
        >

        > Is someone knows the torque?
        >
        > I hope to drive with gecko electronic drive with 36Vcc suply
        >

        > Thanks
      • Jose DeMoya
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
          8 volts with a 10 ohm coil resistance will give you a .8 amp current.
          That is not going to be a very powerful motor. Around what Alan says in the range of 40-50 oz/in.
          Unless you have a very tiny mill, that will not move much mass.
          I can run my sherline mill with 80 oz/in motors on the x, y axis.
          The z axix needs in my experience around 125oz/in to work well.

          Jose.

          Philippe Vessaire wrote:
          > Hello,
          >
          > I found for free (from printers) old stepper motors
          > TEC CLA45-14601
          > 8v
          > 10 ohm / phase
          > 1.8� per step
          >
          > seems to be Nema23 size.
          >

          > Is someone knows the torque?
          >
          > I hope to drive with gecko electronic drive with 36Vcc suply
          >

          > Thanks

          Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Philippe Vessaire
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 1, 2004
            Le mercredi 1 Décembre 2004 19:39, Alan Marconett a écrit :

            > > I found for free (from printers) old stepper motors
            > > TEC CLA45-14601
            > > 8v
            > > 10 ohm / phase
            > > 1.8° per step

            > I didn't look them up, but they are probably 40 - 50 oz/in. What
            > printer are they from?
            I don't know

            > The 8V will limit the current. Not a best choice.
            but no buck
            > Are they 5 wire? That would be unipolar, and not work with the Geckos.
            6 wires

            By
            --
            Philippe Vessaire Ò¿Ó¬