Kickoff...

  • dkowalcz2000
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2002
      To all,

      Welcome to the new discussion group for the program. I'm figuring
      most folks will want to talk about TurboCNC - there really aren't
      many people using my gear calculator on a regular basis... So the
      group has been named accordingly.

      I'm really looking forward to being able to get all the users and
      source-code tinkerers, starry-eyed dreamers, etc talking to each
      other in one place where we can collaborate on ideas. Much better
      than CC'ng emails to each other.

      So, feel free to discuss anything that comes to mind!

      Yours,
      Dave Kowalczyk
    • cnckitsdotcom
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 9, 2002
        --- In turbocnc@y..., "dkowalcz2000" <dkowalcz@d...> wrote:
        > To all,
        >
        > Welcome to the new discussion group for the program.
        > I'm figuring most folks will want to talk about TurboCNC

        Hi Dave:
        Yes this should be interesting, due to your modesty you
        forgot to post your website!

        http://www.dakeng.com/

        and the TurboCNC specific page is at

        http://www.dakeng.com/turbo.htm

        It would be great for you also to post here the specific
        GCodes (and their meaning) that TurboCNC implements
        currently (version 3.00g+). That will give future readers
        a grounding in your current technology.

        Finally, you might want to post your 'to do' list. Perhaps
        with some feedback, you will be able to assign priorities to
        their implementation.

        Doug Fortune
        http://www.cncKITS.com
      • ballendo
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 9, 2002
          Doug,

          Excellent suggestions!

          Ballendo

          --- In turbocnc@y..., "cnckitsdotcom" <pentam@h...> wrote:
          <snip> It would be great for you also to post here the specific
          > GCodes (and their meaning) that TurboCNC implements
          > currently (version 3.00g+). That will give future readers
          > a grounding in your current technology.
          >
          > Finally, you might want to post your 'to do' list. Perhaps
          > with some feedback, you will be able to assign priorities to
          > their implementation.
          >

          > Doug Fortune
          > http://www.cncKITS.com
        • jerryjankura
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 10, 2002
            --- In turbocnc@y..., "dkowalcz2000" <dkowalcz@d...> wrote:
            > I'm really looking forward to being able to get all the users and
            > source-code tinkerers, starry-eyed dreamers, etc talking to each
            > other in one place where we can collaborate on ideas.

            Which brings up a question - Who of us (besides Dave, the master
            tinkerer) is tinkering with the code.

            I'll start the ball rolling by saying that I've been playing with
            pieces of it. For starters, I tend to run any new release through the
            DelForEx code formatter. This is a freebie available at
            http://www.slm.wau.nl/wkao/delforexp.html. While Borland Delphi is
            its intended target, it works well for code written in TurboPascal.

            I'm interested in hearing how others have modified the code. I
            simplified the parser (parseline function) into a case statement and
            am toying with adding a TurboVision front end to it. I'm not sure how
            TurboVision will affect the smoothness of the stepper pulse train, as
            I'm sure that TurboVision plays with the interrupt structure in order
            to achieve its event driven paradigm.

            Has anyone gotten the DOS version of TurboCNC to plot out the tool
            path?

            -- Jerry Jankura
            Strongsville, Ohio
            So many toys, So little time....
          • dkowalcz2000
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 10, 2002
              Folks,

              Glad you're all excited about the new list. I am too...

              I've taken your excellent suggestions about list administration and
              stocked up the Files and Photos sections a bit. Among other things,
              a prioritized feature list for v4 and a short to-do list for the next
              regular blockpoint update are there.

              All of you should be able to post pictures, files, and bookmarks
              now as well.

              For now, I'll try to stand back as much as I can and let you (the
              users) hammer out the new directions for the product and share
              advice/projects/code; and step in to address specific issues as they
              come up.

              Dave Kowalczyk
              Everett WA
              (who's already lost most of his hair anyway, thus making further
              aggravation moot, Ballendo... )