21526Re: [turbocnc] Looking for some ideas from the group

  • knownuttn
    Mar 27, 2014

      I second that ...  getting real time access generate pulses is a tricky thing.

      LinuxCNC, on PC's, uses Hardware Abstraction Layer aka HAL to enable real time pin inputs and out puts..  Windows does not allow real time hardware access.. Somehow though, Mach3 and Shopbot has been able to get around that limitation.

      For the beaglebone black, LinuxCNC uses the Programmable Real-time Unit aka PRU on the board to access the pin outs and pin ins signals in real time.

      I have heard that LinuxCNC can run on the Raspberry Pi but I have not seen it or played with it.

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic