21519RE: [turbocnc] Looking for some ideas from the group - Kinda OT

  • Art Eckstein
    Mar 26, 2014
      Don,
      They now have a "live cd" that you can download
      and burn the iso image. You then stuff it in the
      drive and you can even run it from there if you
      just want to play. Otherwise, click on the
      install button. Get a cup of coffee or whatever and it will do its thing.

      Much easier than in the early days of EMC!

      http://www.linuxcnc.org/

      Art
      Country bubba

      At 01:58 PM 3/26/2014, you wrote:

      >I’ve wanted to try Linux for years, I started
      >with a version of EMC that was ported to run on
      >Win95, but I always was scared off by the horror
      >stories of guys trying for weeks just to get
      >Linux to run on their machine. Is the install
      >process simpler now and what flavor of Linux would you recommend?
      >
      >I’m not looking to do anything with this box
      >other than run the CNC. Well USB and/or maybe
      >Ethernet would be nice, I’m starting to run out of usable 3-1/2” floppies.
      >
      >Don

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic