21516RE: [turbocnc] Looking for some ideas from the group - Kinda OT

  • knownuttn
    Mar 26, 2014

      I have done this a few times.. On PC's as well as the beagle bone black. It was a simple ISO download from http://www.linuxcnc.org/  .. Just burn the ISO..

      What is cool about that CD ISO is that you can boot from the CD and try out Linux on your machine before actually installing it...

      Other than that, if you want to go ahead and sintall it, it is no harder to install than windows.. Very similar prompts as it installs...  very easy.. the GUI will be fairly easy for you to use since that image uses Ubuntu with I think it is called GNOME for the UI.. Very windows like.

      To set up LinusCNC was also seamingly easy.. the hardest part I have had in the past is working out the gear ratios if you have a drive system on your CNC that may be out side of the norm.. Just guess the values and try untill you get it calibrated meaning an inch is an inch etc...

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic