      From: turbocnc@yahoogroups.com [mailto:turbocnc@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of samcoinc2001@...
      Sent: Wednesday, March 26, 2014 10:25 AM
      To: turbocnc@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [turbocnc] Looking for some ideas from the group

      I second (or third) the move to linuxcnc...  I still use xp applications like autocad and run it in virtualbox.
      I don't know what kind of tinkering you are doing under the hood of turbocnc - but I would guess 99% of the stuff you have done with it - could be done with linuxcnc without any coding. (out of the box it is pretty darn flexable.) (and you can still code if you want to.)

      The thing is - linuxcnc is actively being worked on.  Large changes like more realtime kernel support,  Better trajectory planner, more linux platforms...

      I started with turbocnc and it was a good learning tool (way back when..).  It has stagnated though and there is a much better open source solution out there.,,

      http://imagebin.org/301934

      sam

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic