21440Re: [turbocnc] coordinates drift !

  • ct1dmk
    Nov 26, 2013
      Hi Art.

      good... just went and tried that but no luck.
      No backlash compensation and the problem remains...

      So I must be loosing steps...
      <how only G2 G3 loose steps... that is the one killing me !!!!>

      I will override the feed-rate to 10%, it will move slower than
      a dead turtle and will see if the problem remains the same.

      In the mean time I'll be setting up another PC...

      Luis Cupido.
      ct1dmk

      On 11/26/2013 2:37 AM, Art Eckstein wrote:
      > Try turning off backlash compensation. I found this to be a problem
      > using home switches before I had zero backlash nuts on the axis.
      >
      > Art
      > Country Bubba
      >
      > At 08:49 PM 11/25/2013, you wrote:
      > >Thank you all for the very good suggestions.
      > >
      > >---
      > >
      > >Verified mechanical tightness of the step-motor shafts and it is ok
      > >btw, the table moves quite light so the step motors make very little
      > >effort...
      > >even so it is solid tight.
      > >
      > >long cycle of G1's make no errors
      > >same part but using large doses of G2 G3 to round corners is a disaster !
      > >
      > >To be done:
      > > - testing another PC. (I see what you mean... I may have
      > > noises on this
      > >PC LPT )
      > > - testing CNCpro
      > > - testing Mach3 ?! (but I rather prefer to stay without mouse etc...)
      > >
      > >---
      > >
      > >I see the movements of the G2 and G3 quite odd !!!
      > >It slows down immensely despite having the same feedrate as a G1 move.
      > >I would say an arc at F200 goes at 1/10 of the speed of a linear move
      > >even if the arc is shallow like a straight line.
      > >
      > >Is this normal ??? Or am I having an issue here ?
      > >
      > >Also apparently if the arc makes one axis move positive and then negative
      > >I don't see it applying the backlash compensation when it inverts motion
      > >inside the arc... but this could be my eyes ;-)
      > >
      > >Luis Cupido
      > >ct1dmk.
      > >
      > >btw, machine is a 486DX2 66MHz... maybe it is a too slow PC !!!
      > >but it has been excellent so far ! :-(

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic