Microtonal notation app: Nihavent

  • Utku Uzmen
    Message 1 of 1 , May 25, 2010
      Hello,

      I'm happy to announce that the Beta version of Nihavent, a music notation
      app for Turkish maqam music and microtonal music, is now available for
      download.

      Unlike most other notation software, Nihavent lets you tune each staff level
      to any arbitrary frequency, adjust how the 10 built-in accidentals modify
      the pitch and hear the score played with the correct pitches. This makes it
      possible to work with virtually any scale imaginable. While admittedly the
      app is missing certain important features at this point, I hope it will
      nonetheless be useful as a kind of playground to those working with
      microtonal music.

      You can download Nihavent for Windows and Mac OS X at:

      http://www.nihavent.net/index_en.html

      All questions and comments are welcome.

      Utku Uzmen