RE; Information and data

  • Mario Pizarro
    Message 1 of 1 , May 7, 2010
      To the tuning list,

      I made a mistake in my preceding message, in the following lines I used de words "comma fraction" instead of "common fraction":

      It is true that between 12 TET constant step size and the variable progression
      cell size there is no much difference, however the whole set of 12 TET steps
      doesn´t show "comma fraction consonances" like (25/24)= 1.041666...., (9/8)=
      1.125 due to the step size of [2^(1/612)]= 1.00113323506. In no case
      (1.00113323506)^N gives a number that can be exactly equivalent to a common
      fraction provided N is a round number.
      Thanks

      Mario Pizarro

      Lima, May 07

      __________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la base de firmas de virus 5096 (20100507) __________

      ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

      http://www.eset.com