Re: [tuning] test your pitch discrimination online

  • Mike Battaglia
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2008
      Whoo... Did it a few times, now I can reliably differentiate between
      pitches 0.525 Hz apart. The first time it was like 1.75 Hz though.

      2008/5/31 Carl Lumma <carl@...>:
      > http://tonometric.com/adaptivepitch/
      >
      > -Carl

    • p_heddles
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2008
        --- In tuning@yahoogroups.com, "Mike Battaglia" <battaglia01@...> wrote:

        > Whoo... Did it a few times, now I can reliably differentiate between
        > pitches 0.525 Hz apart. The first time it was like 1.75 Hz though.
        >
        > 2008/5/31 Carl Lumma <carl@...>:
        > > http://tonometric.com/adaptivepitch/
        > >
        > > -Carl

        The progression is rather spectacular, isn't it? I could reliably
        differentiate between pitches 1.95Hz apart on my first run through
        (and somewhere around 1.25 on my second IIRC), but my third was 0.356

        -Patty
      • Paul Poletti
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 2, 2008
          --- In tuning@yahoogroups.com, "Jon Szanto" <jszanto@...> wrote:

          > Discrimination is wrong - can't we all just get along?

          You're absolutely right, and in a perfect world, things would be so.
          But in reality, I'm not sure we're really ready to use a black key as
          the tonic.

          Ciao,

        • Petr Parízek
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2008

            > But in reality, I'm not sure we're really ready to use a black key

            > as
            the tonic.

            You don’t play in Eb minor? :-D

            Petr

          • Kraig Grady
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2008
              i thought you played harpsichord? (with the mirror colored keyboards)

              Mesotonal Music from:
              _'''''''_ ^North/Western Hemisphere:
              North American Embassy of Anaphoria Island <http://anaphoria.com/>

              _'''''''_ ^South/Eastern Hemisphere: