Self-tuning synth...

  • p_heddles
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 30, 2004
      Thanks, hstraub64 - that's the kind of thing I was looking for. I
      speak German, so that's not a huge hassle... :)

      hermode.com won't display - I'm using a public computer at the
      moment, and I guess it doesn't have Flash. How do I get to the text-
      based site?

      One thing isn't clear from the MUTABOR site - how is it implemented?
      Is MUTABOR a program, a modified synthesiser, ...?

      I was planning to write a program, to run on a computer with a two-
      way MIDI link to a synthesiser. Has that niche been filled?

      Thanks for the help, guys - much appreciated.

      Cheers,
      Patty
    • Manuel Op de Coul
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
        There's JI Relay on the bottom of
        http://personalpages.bellsouth.net/j/d/jdelaub/jstudio.htm
        but it's an abandoned project.

        Mutabor is a similar midi relaying program, but I only had a
        brief look, didn't have the impression it was advanced enough
        to be generally useful but why not check it out.

        Manuel
      • Werner Mohrlok
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 1, 2004
          Regarding

          and "Flash":

          Flash is at nearly all systems installing itself automatically.
          But at an public computer it may happen that the Admin has
          forbidden the installing of plugins.

          I am sorry, but actually we have no text-basing sites.

          Nevertheless one of our informations can be downloaded.
          It is a diagram, written for developers, which shows how the
          HMT function is working.

          You will find it at:

          http://www.hermode.com/download/HMT_data_flow_diagr.pdf

          Regarding "Mutabor": They offered a tuning programme, basing in pitch bend messages.

          (Splitting the different notes and tuning messages on different MIDI channels).

          I don't know whether it will be still available.

          We also had such a programme for Hermode Tuning

          and PC-DOS. I believe that deep in my computer it is

          still stored. But we don't more publish it.

          Best

          Werner Mohrlok

          -----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
          Gesendet: Freitag, 1. Oktober 2004 08:28
          > An: tuning@yahoogroups.com
          > Betreff: [tuning] Self-tuning synth...

           > Thanks, hstraub64 - that's the kind of thing I was looking for. I
           > speak German, so that's not a huge hassle... :)
           >
           > hermode.com won't display - I'm using a public computer at the
           > moment, and I guess it doesn't have Flash. How do I get to the text-
           > based site?
           >
           > One thing isn't clear from the MUTABOR site - how is it implemented?
           > Is MUTABOR a program, a modified synthesiser, ...?
           >
           > I was planning to write a program, to run on a computer with a two-
           > way MIDI link to a synthesiser. Has that niche been filled?
           >
           > Thanks for the help, guys - much appreciated.
           >
           > Cheers,
           > Patty

        • Werner Mohrlok
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 2, 2004
            Besides...

            if you look for a virtual synth with programme controlled tuning
            (Hermode Tuning)

            see the z3ta+
            at:

            Best