Re: microtonal/JI capable samplers/synths

  • Hans van Bemmelen
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 16, 1999
      I believe that the latest Emu Proteus (name/number?) also supports
      user-definable scales, and indeed comes with several alternative tunings.
      The price looks quite attractive, but I haven't yet had time to try one.

      Met vriendelijke groet / Regards
      Hans van Bemmelen
      Anglo-American Theatre Group - AATG
      The Hague, The Netherlands
      Tel 00 31 70 354 1233
      Fax 00 31 70 355 1573
    • Fred Kohler
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 17, 1999
        <<I believe that the latest Emu Proteus (name/number?) also supports
        user-definable scales...>> <snip>

        The Kurzweils have the advantage over the Proteus series in that they can be
        set to select their samples by virtue of the intended pitch rather than the
        MIDI key number, which avoids 'chipmunking' and other side effect of playing
        samples out of register. I ran into this problem on my Proteus/1. I
        understand that this is still a problem even on their latest Morpheus.
        Check with Emu Systems before buying one.

        --Fred

        Fred Kohler, 206 Raynor Ave, Victoria, BC, Canada V9A 3A2
        phone:(250)388-7918 email:fred_kohler@...
      • John Loffink
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 14, 1999
          For information like this try the Microtonal Synthesis Web Site at
          http://freeweb.pdq.net/jloffink/ .

          John Loffink
          microtonal@...