website update

  • Daniel Wolf
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 1999
      Message text written by INTERNET:tuning@onelist.com
      >Does anyone know who
      was their Pythagoras or Aristoxenus and what the classic works are ?
      <

      A good place to start for South Indian music is P. Sambamoorthy, _South
      Indian Music_ Books 1-5.

      Dante:

      Your web site is great. Do you have any more information about the page of
      Coptic music manuscript you have included? It's astonishing.

      Daniel Wolf
    • Rosati
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 1, 1999
        >From: Daniel Wolf <DJWOLF_MATERIAL@...>

        >A good place to start for South Indian music is P. Sambamoorthy, _South
        >Indian Music_ Books 1-5.

        Is this a classic or a modern exposition? What about classics from the
        northern tradition?

        >Do you have any more information about the page of
        >Coptic music manuscript you have included? It's astonishing.

        At a site for the 5th congress of coptic studies:

        http://www.stshenouda.com/society/ccngrs1.htm

        about halfway down is this report of a paper given:

        "The Gulezyan Manuscripts: Possible Remnants of Ancient Coptic Musical
        Notation? (Eng), by Dr. Marian Robertson-Wilson. This presentation was about
        some vellum leaves that was once owned by Gulezyan family, and could
        possibly include ancient Coptic musical notations. Such notations are
        differentiated by different sizes and colors. The whereabouts of such
        manuscript are not known at this time. The interpretation given to the
        musical nature of such notational system is interesting, but further work
        need to be done. I feel that Dr. Robertson is quite capable to handle such
        work. "

        But I have not had time to go try to dig it up at the library....

        dante
      • Kraig Grady
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 21, 2002
          first to the personal score page

          Crisis for clarinet and organ 1990
          http://www.anaphoria.com/crisis.PDF

          slight correction to
          http://www.anaphoria.com/secor.PDF

          a comment by Erv on non just use of 72 ET
          last page of
          http://www.anaphoria.com/tres.PDF

          Some blank lattices for use in exploring Eikosany
          http://www.anaphoria.com/eikoblanks.PDF

          -- Kraig Grady
          North American Embassy of Anaphoria island
          http://www.anaphoria.com

          The Wandering Medicine Show
          Wed. 8-9 KXLU 88.9 fm