Re: [tuning] Re: semineutral-17 tunings: 36-EDO MOS, MET-24

  • Mike Battaglia
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013
      Alright, starting to catch up on some old posts I had to let hang...
      starting here:

      On Thu, Dec 27, 2012 at 10:39 PM, Margo Schulter <mschulter@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi, Mike.
      >
      > Especially given all you have to deal with for that other reply
      > <grin>, I thought I'd just offer a brief comment on the matter of
      > sensi and squares, and congratulate you for some incredibly creative
      > uses of 33/20 and more in extended chords of a kind quite beyond my
      > experience (where four voices is usually "a very rich texture").

      Thanks; I just really like 33/16, for some reason.. :)

      > This abstract temperament, whether named "semineutral" or something
      > else, is distinct in its mapping of 128/3 to 15 generators; compare
      > squares with a mapping of 8/3 to 4 generators (e.g. 6\17, 24\17), or
      > sensi with its mapping of 6/1 to 7 generators (e.g. 17\46, 119\46).

      So, we can get this 2.3.7.11/5 temperament:

      http://x31eq.com/cgi-bin/rt.cgi?ets=36_277p&limit=2_3_7_11%2F5

      Adding 121/120 gives us this really complex 11-limit temperament

      http://x31eq.com/cgi-bin/rt.cgi?ets=36ce_61d&limit=11

      But I wonder if there's a simpler way to map 5 and 11.

      -Mike
    • genewardsmith
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 20, 2013
        --- In tuning@yahoogroups.com, Mike Battaglia wrote:

        > Adding 121/120 gives us this really complex 11-limit temperament
        >
        > http://x31eq.com/cgi-bin/rt.cgi?ets=36ce_61d&limit=11
        >
        > But I wonder if there's a simpler way to map 5 and 11.

        Orwell. :)