Aron Kallay's September 30th Recital in the Indianapolis Metro Area

  • Chris Vaisvil
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2012
      Hello fellow microtonal composers and authors - we need your help!

      On September 30th Untwelve http://untwelve.org/ will be hosting a microtonal piano recital by pianist/composer Dr. Aron Kallay in Fishers Indiana, just outside of Indianapolis.

      Hamilton East Public Library
      Fishers Library Branch
      Five Municipal Drive
      Fishers, IN 46038

      This microtonal music outreach recital serves two purposes: to promote Aron Kallay and microtonal music to the general public and a fundraiser for Untwelve. Admission to the public will be free. In exchange for the free admission we are receiving a large amount of TV, radio, press, and internet advertizement in the central Indiana area.  In order to raise money we will be asking for donations and selling CDs.

      We are asking our community for submissions of high quality microtonal music or microtonal books to be sold at the recital. All proceeds will go to Untwelve - all recognition from the sale will go to the composers / authors who contributed. While submissions of physical media would be totally awesome you can also submit mp3 / wav / flac / PDFs and we will package them into CD-Rs with light-scribe labels for sale at the event. We will put a link in the CD-R package to a webpage that will point to explanatory text or if you prefer a link to your web presence. Due to practical considerations submission doesn't guarantee use of your material though we will consider every work submitted and may use it, with your permission, at a future event. Also, you must *explicitly* give Un12 the right to use your submission for fundraisers.

      We are also actively pursuing additional dates for Dr. Kallay in Urbana, Chicago, and Boston.

      Some links to Aron Kally's work follows:

      http://www.aronkallay.com/index.html
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMlzIwFr2M0
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LlFmJEQzGPI
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT4ChF1cWrc