Re: [tuning] Re: The new face of Scala scl files

  • Wolf Peuker
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 21, 2011
    Hi Chris,

    Am 21.09.2011 19:32, schrieb Chris Vaisvil:
    > I'm sorry concerning calling monzos vals.
    Is it ok for you that I make a T-shirt from it? :-D

    Best,
    Wolf
  • Chris Vaisvil
    Message 2 of 17 , Sep 21, 2011
      LOL - certainly!

      On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Wolf Peuker <wolfpeuker@...> wrote:

      [Attachment(s) from Wolf Peuker included below]

      Hi Chris,

      Am 21.09.2011 19:32, schrieb Chris Vaisvil:
      > I'm sorry concerning calling monzos vals.
      Is it ok for you that I make a T-shirt from it? :-D

      Best,
      Wolf

    • Carl Lumma
      Message 3 of 17 , Sep 21, 2011
        "Keenan Pepper" <keenanpepper@...> wrote:

        > This is very disappointing to me.

        Scala represents everything as a float or some similar archaic
        datatype based, originally, on something called a "register",
        which existed in things once known as "physical devices", which
        were objects in spacetime before that was shown to be an
        emergent property of an entropic horizon

        http://lumma.org/temp/Rumsfeld.jpg

        (I ran into this when making rational well temperaments, with
        rationals that weren't even all that complex. Sigh.)

        -Carl
      • Mike Battaglia
        Message 4 of 17 , Sep 22, 2011
          Haha! And then there's this too

          http://www.customink.com/designs/ver3/xch0-000k-dm1j/hotlink?pc=HL-46120&cm_mmc=hotlink-_-2-_-Body_txt-_-button1

          -Mike

          On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:25 PM, Wolf Peuker <wolfpeuker@...> wrote:

          [Attachment(s) from Wolf Peuker included below]

          Hi Chris,

          Am 21.09.2011 19:32, schrieb Chris Vaisvil:
          > I'm sorry concerning calling monzos vals.
          Is it ok for you that I make a T-shirt from it? :-D

          Best,
          Wolf

          Attachment(s) from Wolf Peuker

          1 of 1 Photo(s)

        • monz
          Message 5 of 17 , Oct 14, 2011
            There's always Tonescape!

            :)

            Naturally, since Tonescape is my creation, the way of entering notes into a tuning is by using monzos.

            I also should add that i've gotten Tonescape running on quite a few Windows XP netbooks, and on larger laptops built c. 2005 it should work fine ... and you can pick those up very cheaply now.

            -monz
            http://tonalsoft.com/tonescape.aspx
            Tonescape microtonal music software