1188/1183

  • genewardsmith
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
      The only mention of this I can find is an old posting of mine listing some 13-limit commas. Is it really totally unknown and unheralded? It's interesting from a essentially tempered chord/comma pump perspective. Also, what's a good name, I wonder? Hemibuzzard would be good for laughs, but geez.
    • Herman Miller
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
        On 8/1/2011 3:43 AM, genewardsmith wrote:
        > The only mention of this I can find is an old posting of mine listing
        > some 13-limit commas. Is it really totally unknown and unheralded?
        > It's interesting from a essentially tempered chord/comma pump
        > perspective. Also, what's a good name, I wonder? Hemibuzzard would be
        > good for laughs, but geez.

        Perhaps a smaller bird of prey? Falcon? Kite?
      • genewardsmith
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 1, 2011
          --- In tuning@yahoogroups.com, Herman Miller <hmiller@...> wrote:

          > On 8/1/2011 3:43 AM, genewardsmith wrote:
          > > The only mention of this I can find is an old posting of mine listing
          > > some 13-limit commas. Is it really totally unknown and unheralded?
          > > It's interesting from a essentially tempered chord/comma pump
          > > perspective. Also, what's a good name, I wonder? Hemibuzzard would be
          > > good for laughs, but geez.
          >
          > Perhaps a smaller bird of prey? Falcon? Kite?

          Kestrels are small; I went for kestrel.
        • gdsecor
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
            --- In tuning@yahoogroups.com, "genewardsmith" <genewardsmith@...> wrote:

            > The only mention of this I can find is an old posting of mine listing some 13-limit commas. Is it really totally unknown and unheralded? It's interesting from a essentially tempered chord/comma pump perspective. Also, what's a good name, I wonder? Hemibuzzard would be good for laughs, but geez.

            1183:1188 never came up during the course of the Sagittal notation project.

            --George
          • Jake Freivald
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011
              What does it equate?

              Thanks,
              Jake

              On 8/3/11, gdsecor <gdsecor@...> wrote:

              > --- In tuning@yahoogroups.com, "genewardsmith" <genewardsmith@...> wrote:
              >>
              >> The only mention of this I can find is an old posting of mine listing some
              >> 13-limit commas. Is it really totally unknown and unheralded? It's
              >> interesting from a essentially tempered chord/comma pump perspective.
              >> Also, what's a good name, I wonder? Hemibuzzard would be good for laughs,
              >> but geez.
              >
              > 1183:1188 never came up during the course of the Sagittal notation project.
              >
              > --George

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • genewardsmith
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2011