Re: [tuning] Re: The true octave

  • Mario Pizarro
    Message 1 of 77 , Jul 25, 2011
    Steve,

    If you can do it, it´s worth to tune the 88 keys of the piano by following the cents data given by the attached file. That is the way of studying and attacking the beating effect.

    Mario
    July, 25
    Message 77 of 77 , Jul 26, 2011

      > It may just be that I'm going wrong somewhere...

      Why? I could just as well say that the zeta maximum near to 12, which is 12.0232, gives the one true and correct 1197.68 cent octave. __._,_._

      I'm trying really hard...! I'm not hearing anything with any more logic than just declaring that 2/1 + 9/8 is the true octave and then using that as an assumption by which to judge everything else.

      Steve P.