88882Re : AEH Ethno2 microtonal demos competition

  • Jacques Dudon
    May 7, 2010
      Ozan wrote :

      Très bien mon collègue!

      I understand from the rules so far, that I am entitled to install and
      use the Motu Ethno2 package meant for myself for as long as it takes
      me to submit 3 demos (50'' up to 3' in length) by the 21st of June
      (and keep the software if my candidature and demos are accepted), one
      of which may be an arrangment (or an excerpt) of my Nishabureyn
      Peshrev - and where I must strictly use Ethno sounds (with or without
      live voice recording) using the original Ethno2 tunings by Jacques
      Dudon.

      Ethno sounds of course, optional voice OK, but the rules do not say you have to use the original tunings for ALL of your pieces, just minimum three.
      I have no idea if some of the original tunings would work for Nishabureyn Peshrev, by the way I found this piece magnificent and I am interested to know its tuning, can you say what is it ?

      Another piece that I may submit to the AEH contest could perhaps
      involve my first microtonal audio-production adventure in 2000, where
      I, without any knowledge of the particulars of the mathematics of
      music then, composed a 2 minute intro for the "Sultans of The Dance"
      musical show, which was liked but never used, where I bent the pitches
      haphazardly to conform to a catchy tune in a strange Ushshaq-Kurdi
      composite.

      I like to hear that too !
      Jacques

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic