File - welcome.txt

  • tucson-dogs@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 209 , Nov 1, 2002
      *** Information on the tucson-dogs mailing list. Last changed 16 May
      *** 2002. This notice is automatically mailed to new subscribers, and
      *** posted to the list every month.

      Welcome to the Tucson Dogs list. Please take a moment to read this
      message. You may want to save or print a copy for reference.

      To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email message to
      tucson-dogs-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com. Or go to the Yahoo! Groups
      and follow the link to unsubscribe.

      My name is David Rifkind, and I'm the list owner for Tucson Dogs. My
      email addresses are tucson-dogs-owner@yahoogroups.com and
      tycho@.... I can help if you have a problem with the group or
      your subscription.

      POSTING MESSAGES
      ARCHIVES
      APPROPRIATE TOPICS
      INAPPROPRIATE TOPICS

      POSTING MESSAGES

      Give the message a descriptive "Subject". Remember, you have to send
      the message from the same email address you used when you signed up for
      the list. You can also use the Web interface to post a message. Go to
      http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tucson-dogs, and select "Post" from the
      menu.

      You can reply to messages from the list in the normal way. Remember
      that replies will automatically go to the list, not just the person who
      sent the message.

      Please use ONLY text-formatted email, not HTML. Do not include pictures
      or other attachments with your message (the list server will remove them
      anyway).

      ARCHIVES

      You can read all old messages there.

      APPROPRIATE TOPICS

      Pretty much anything that's dog related and likely to be of interest to
      at least some of the subscribers. Places to go and things to do with
      your dog. Special events. Recommendations and experiences with vets,
      kennels, pet stores, and so forth. News and links to news. Gossip...
      well, dog-related gossip.

      INAPPROPRIATE TOPICS

      First, Yahoo! Groups has a Terms of Service policy. It's available at
      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms, and lists most of the things that are
      unacceptable on any of the services Yahoo! hosts, including "spam" and
      other forms of junk mail or unsolicited advertising, threatening or
      abusive postings, and so on. You can probably guess most of it.

      Other than the things disallowed by the Terms of Service, the only other
      messages that are inappropriate are:

      Ones that have nothing at all to do with dogs and Tucson

      Flames and personal attacks

      That's about it, though if you come up with something that manages to
      annoy most of the members of the list we can always change the policy.

      I don't automatically consider commercial posts inappropriate. If it's
      on topic and of interest to the members, you should get no complaints.
    • tucson-dogs@yahoogroups.com
      Message 209 of 209 , Sep 30
        *** Information on the tucson-dogs mailing list. Last changed 1 November
        *** 2007. This notice is automatically mailed to new subscribers, and
        *** posted to the list every month.

        Welcome to the Tucson Dogs list. Please take a moment to read this
        message. You may want to save or print a copy for reference.

        To unsubscribe from this list, send a blank email message to
        tucson-dogs-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com. Or go to the Yahoo Groups web
        follow the link to unsubscribe.

        My name is Linda Fousse, and I'm the list owner for Tucson Dogs. My
        email address is tucson-dogs-owner@yahoogroups.com. (Thanks to David Rifkind for starting this group in June 2000!) I can help if you have a problem with the group or
        your subscription.

        POSTING MESSAGES
        MODERATION POLICY
        ARCHIVES
        APPROPRIATE TOPICS
        INAPPROPRIATE TOPICS

        POSTING MESSAGES

        Give the message a descriptive "Subject". Remember, you have to send
        the message from the same email address you used when you signed up for
        the list. You can also use the Web interface to post a message. Go to
        http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/tucson-dogs, and select "Post" from the
        menu.

        You can reply to messages from the list in the normal way. Remember
        that replies will automatically go to the list, not just the person who
        sent the message.

        Please use ONLY text-formatted email, not HTML. Do not include pictures
        or other attachments with your message (the list server will remove them
        anyway). If you have problems posting through your email provider, try posting your messages on the website as detailed above.

        MODERATION POLICY

        This mailing list has a "new members moderated" policy. Any message
        posted by a new member must be approved by a moderator before it is
        broadcast to the other list members. The moderator will also decide
        when the new member becomes a full member who does not need approval to
        post.

        This policy is intended solely to address the problem of "drive-by
        spamming". We do not intend to scrutinize the morals, character,
        background, desirability, intelligence, cleanliness, or orthodoxy of new
        members. We just want to separate out the spammers.

        As a new member, you do not need to do anything special to post a
        message. Simply send email or use the web interface as described in the
        previous section. Your message will be automatically forwarded to a
        moderator, who will approve it. This will normally happen the same day,
        though in unusual circumstances it may take longer.

        You do not need to do anything special to become an unmoderated member
        either. We'll simply use what passes for our judgement to decide that
        you're okay and take appropriate action.

        Moderators of this group at present are:
        Linda Fousse

        ARCHIVES

        You can read all old messages there. There's a lot of Tucson dogpark history in those posts.