Re: [ttedsig] Digest Number 216

  • Catherine Walter
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2003
      Dear Urska,

      If you are interested in the assessment of reading, you could hardly do
      better as a source than Charles Alderson's recent book:

      Assessing Reading
      J. C. Alderson
      Cambridge University Press 2000, xv + 398 pp. £16.95
      ISBN 0 521 59999 7

      I have recently written a combined review of this book and of

      Teaching and Researching Reading
      W. Grabe and F. L. Stoller
      Pearson Education 2002, xi + 288pp., £15.99
      ISBN 0 582 36816 2

      which is more teacher-friendly and less centred on assessment, for the ELT
      Journal (forthcoming). If you would like, please email me privately and I
      will send you a copy of the article.

      All best wishes

      Catherine

      Dr Catherine Walter