RE: [ttedsig] Videos of EFL/ESL classes

  • Martin McMorrow
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 1, 2007
      Hi Darren,

      I could let you have a DVD with extracts of me teaching, together with the
      lesson plans and materials. They're
      cam-stuck-on-tripod-in-the-corner-of-a-gloomy-classroom quality. But have
      got some what-the-hell-is-going-on moments to tickle your trainees'
      pedagogical tastebuds, perhaps. This is definitely an
      only-to-be-shown-in-Japan production - just like them big Hollywood stars,
      only without the huge financial rewards! Just let me know your address. I do
      endore Gavin's recommendation of Jeremy Harmer's book too though. And if
      you're not doing anything next Oct, why not pop over to NZ to see the great
      JH for yourself! Details at: http://www.clesol.org.nz/2008/home.html

      cheers,

      Martin

      mmcm@...

      More photos, more messages, more storage�get 2GB with Windows Live Hotmail.
    • darrenrelliott
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
        --- In ttedsig@yahoogroups.com, "Martin McMorrow" <mmcm@...> wrote:

        > Hi Darren,
        >
        > I could let you have a DVD with extracts of me teaching, together
        with the
        > lesson plans and materials. They're
        > cam-stuck-on-tripod-in-the-corner-of-a-gloomy-classroom quality.
        But have
        > got some what-the-hell-is-going-on moments to tickle your trainees'
        > pedagogical tastebuds, perhaps. This is definitely an
        > only-to-be-shown-in-Japan production - just like them big Hollywood
        stars,
        > only without the huge financial rewards! Just let me know your
        address. I do
        > endore Gavin's recommendation of Jeremy Harmer's book too though.
        And if
        > you're not doing anything next Oct, why not pop over to NZ to see
        the great
        > JH for yourself! Details at: http://www.clesol.org.nz/2008/home.html
        >
        > cheers,
        >
        > Martin
        >
        > mmcm@...

        > More photos, more messages, more storage—get 2GB with Windows Live
        Hotmail.
        > http://imagine-windowslive.com/hotmail/?locale=en-
        us&ocid=TXT_TAGHM_migration_HM_mini_2G_0507

        Thanks for all the tips everyone! I've gone with the Harmer this time
        around....I'm afraid your bid for stardom in Japan is on hold Martin,
        although I might be able to angle you a whiskey commercial....

        Cheers,

        Darren
      • Frank - Morelia
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 11, 2007
          I didn't find the Harmer DVD to be very overly helpful for me. The teachers
          seemed a bit lackluster and low key (I like higher energy kinesthetics). And
          classroom management in large classes with young learners seemed to be
          completely ignored (as usual in many teacher resources). I was expecting the
          Holy Grail of teaching secrets to be unleashed by riveting performances of
          seasoned and dynamic teachers getting on with it ... but I just didn't see
          it. I do like the book, however.

          --
          Lic. Frank D. Stonehouse
          Asesor Ling�istico (ASLIN)