Re: [tt-watch] Re: Targeting 'Survival Groups'

  • Sol
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 2, 2001

      This is certainly a worrying development. I agree that we should be interested in such information on our forums, because similar such governmental restrictions have indeed been predicted by the Zetas. So if anything, this can serve as another "accuracy" pointer. Just check out the different scenarios mentioned under the Transformation topic in the first couple of paragraphs, at http://www.zetatalk.com/transfor/t00.htm .

      It's true that what's happening now is a response to a military situation, and not to civil unrest due to food shortages, for example, but the end result is the same. Maybe such is the nature of the various predictions we got from the Zetas, that we can get just a general notion of what's expected, and not necessarily the precise causal sequence leading to it.

      It's important to understand just how scary it is, when a government urges its citizens to report "suspicious activities", without really specifying what is meant. I get chills when I read the latest statements from Ashcroft and the FBI. This sort of "rat on your neighbors" attitude is what characterized all the famous terror regimes of old - from the Inquisition to the old Soviet Union. It's not a pretty world when you can get busted because your neighbors don't like you.

      Right now the main target are various extremist groups, like those described in that article. But who knows, a day may be not far when anybody talking about "survival" may be a suspect. I hope it doesn't happen soon. Anyway, I think we can be happy here that way back it was decided not to mentioned certain subjects on these TT lists. I used to balk at this "prohibition" myself at first, if anyone remembers, but boy do we now see the value of it.

      Sol

      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2001
        Hello Sol,

        You'll see why I didn't post this to tt-watch. I wasn't around to see which subjects are to be
        avoided. Can you fill me in? Thanks

        Lars

        --- Sol <volimerc@...> wrote:

        > Anyway, I think we can be happy here that way back it was decided
        > not to mentioned certain subjects on these TT lists. I used to balk at this "prohibition" myself
        > at first, if anyone remembers, but boy do we now see the value of it.
        >
        > Sol

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com
      • Sol
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 4, 2001

          Hello Sol,

          You'll see why I didn't post this to tt-watch. I wasn't around to see which subjects are to be
          avoided. Can you fill me in? Thanks

          Lars

          Hi, Lars,

          I assume that your words "I didn't post this to tt-watch" mean that you intended to send this message to me privately (but didn't change the return address, so it got posted here anyway.) If you were worrited about that - please don't be. This happens occasionally, and it doesn't really matter man, because anyway it's a good idea to repeat this here every once in a while, so people don't forget.

          The two main subjects we've agreed not to discuss on these lists, are weapons and religion. The reason we don't talk about it, is because the Troubled Times is not some kind of gun-toting cult, and we don't want to ever be classified as such. So these two subjects are considered outside of the scope of our discussion here, and anytime someone mentions one of them, you'll notice the moderators pounce on him right away.

          At one point some members here decided that they want to discuss these subjects anyway, and set up a completely separate group called "psdisc" (also on yahoogroups,) which is not related to the TT at all, it just has many of our members there.

          Hope this explains it, and if not - I hope you or anyone else don't hesitate to ask anything else. We were all newcomers to these lists at first, and some rules, like this particular one, are not posted anywhere.

          Sol