Re: PEARL HARBOR DAY .

  • DaveW
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 7, 2012
      --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, brandtfamily@... wrote:

      > Michael ;
      > Lest we not forget, the other men that died that day. Three
      > hours after the
      > attack on Pearl. The Japanese attacked Clark Field, in the Philippine
      > islands. And
      > for the next 6 months or so were forgotten, as the poem goes "No
      > Mammy, No
      > Pappy, no Uncle Sammy." This part of the war in the Pacific Theater
      > of Operations
      > (PTO) was ignored by our government and history of the war in
      > general. My uncle First]
      > Lieutenant John T. Furby. was a tread head as they are called now,
      > and died a a guest
      > of the Japanese Imperial U. S. Army at Christ the King seminary,
      > Luzon PI. having survived
      > the death march and Camp O'Donnell.
      > Laurie Wood Brandt

      I don't believe this episode was ignored at the time, nor by history afterwards. The "Battling Bastards of Bataan" still live in glory in the annals of US military history, just as the Bataan Death March lives in infamy. It's just that there was little that could practically be done at the time, and there was a whole lot else going on. After the war, the US prosecuted those deemed responsible; many were executed or imprisoned.
    • Michael L Cunningham
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2012
        We will never forget... even in the face of those who would hijack this day
        for their own selfish purposes... note lessin.

        Michael L Cunningham

        On Dec 6, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Michael L Cunningham wrote:

        > We put up with you weird stuff but you're now crossing the line by
        > trying to rewrite history.
        >
        > Do not try and dishonor those dead veterans of Pearl Harbor by
        > claiming you know history better.
        >
        > Michael L Cunningham

      • Michael L Cunningham
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 11, 2012
          http://www.hoax-slayer.com/japanese-rice-crop-art.shtml

          And people here think crop circles can't be created...

          Michael L Cunningham