RE: [tt-watch] PEARL HARBOR DAY .

  • Michael L Cunningham
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 6, 2012
      We put up with you weird stuff but you're now crossing the line by trying to
      rewrite history.

      Do not try and dishonor those dead veterans of Pearl Harbor by claiming you
      know history better.

      Michael L Cunningham

      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 7, 2012
        Michael ;
        Lest we not forget, the other men that died that day. Three
        hours after the
        attack on Pearl. The Japanese attacked Clark Field, in the Philippine
        islands. And
        for the next 6 months or so were forgotten, as the poem goes "No
        Mammy, No
        Pappy, no Uncle Sammy." This part of the war in the Pacific Theater
        of Operations
        (PTO) was ignored by our government and history of the war in
        general. My uncle First]
        Lieutenant John T. Furby. was a tread head as they are called now,
        and died a a guest
        of the Japanese Imperial U. S. Army at Christ the King seminary,
        Luzon PI. having survived
        the death march and Camp O'Donnell.
        Laurie Wood Brandt

        On Dec 6, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Michael L Cunningham wrote:

        > We put up with you weird stuff but you're now crossing the line by
        > trying to
        > rewrite history.
        >
        > Do not try and dishonor those dead veterans of Pearl Harbor by
        > claiming you
        > know history better.
        >
        > Michael L Cunningham

      • DaveW
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 7, 2012
          --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, brandtfamily@... wrote:

          > Michael ;
          > Lest we not forget, the other men that died that day. Three
          > hours after the
          > attack on Pearl. The Japanese attacked Clark Field, in the Philippine
          > islands. And
          > for the next 6 months or so were forgotten, as the poem goes "No
          > Mammy, No
          > Pappy, no Uncle Sammy." This part of the war in the Pacific Theater
          > of Operations
          > (PTO) was ignored by our government and history of the war in
          > general. My uncle First]
          > Lieutenant John T. Furby. was a tread head as they are called now,
          > and died a a guest
          > of the Japanese Imperial U. S. Army at Christ the King seminary,
          > Luzon PI. having survived
          > the death march and Camp O'Donnell.
          > Laurie Wood Brandt

          I don't believe this episode was ignored at the time, nor by history afterwards. The "Battling Bastards of Bataan" still live in glory in the annals of US military history, just as the Bataan Death March lives in infamy. It's just that there was little that could practically be done at the time, and there was a whole lot else going on. After the war, the US prosecuted those deemed responsible; many were executed or imprisoned.
        • Michael L Cunningham
          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 7, 2012
            We will never forget... even in the face of those who would hijack this day
            for their own selfish purposes... note lessin.

            Michael L Cunningham

            Lest we not forget, the other men that died that day. Three hours
            after the attack on Pearl. The Japanese attacked Clark Field, in the
            Philippine islands. And
            for the next 6 months or so were forgotten, as the poem goes "No Mammy, No
            Pappy, no Uncle Sammy." This part of the war in the Pacific Theater of
            Operations
            (PTO) was ignored by our government and history of the war in general. My
            uncle First]
            Lieutenant John T. Furby. was a tread head as they are called now, and
            died a a guest of the Japanese Imperial U. S. Army at Christ the King
            seminary, Luzon PI. having survived
            the death march and Camp O'Donnell.
            Laurie Wood Brandt

            On Dec 6, 2012, at 4:08 PM, Michael L Cunningham wrote:

            > We put up with you weird stuff but you're now crossing the line by
            > trying to rewrite history.
            >
            > Do not try and dishonor those dead veterans of Pearl Harbor by
            > claiming you know history better.
            >
            > Michael L Cunningham

          • Michael L Cunningham
            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 11, 2012
              http://www.hoax-slayer.com/japanese-rice-crop-art.shtml

              And people here think crop circles can't be created...

              Michael L Cunningham