Re: [tt-watch] Re: US Navy's Future Map Of The United States

  • brandtfamily@sprintmail.com
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 30, 2011
      Michael, If you know what a prophet is and how you go about proving
      it, could you please elucidate us on this topic? I for one would be
      very interested in what you have to say on this topic, and not
      devolve to the old play ground cant "I've got a secret and I won't
      tell." As you know there is a big difference between being a troll,
      and caring on a serious discussion. If you are a troll, then there is
      no use to continuing on this discussion and all further posts from you
      should be roundly ignored.

      Laurie

    • Michael L Cunningham
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2011
        It's very simple... a prophet can tell you exactly what will happen in the
        future. False prophets will dance around their "truth" never committing,
        always careful not to paint themselves into a corner. Nancy is a very good
        example of that and history is full of false prophets just like her. Avoid
        people who continually fail to provide the crucial details; exact times &
        dates since they haven't a clue.

        Troll? I've been here longer and more steadfastly than most of the folks who
        frequent this forum. If anyone is a troll... it's those who claim to be
        prophets.

        Michael L Cunningham

        Michael, If you know what a prophet is and how you go about proving
        it, could you please elucidate us on this topic? I for one would be
        very interested in what you have to say on this topic, and not
        devolve to the old play ground cant "I've got a secret and I won't
        tell." As you know there is a big difference between being a troll,
        and caring on a serious discussion. If you are a troll, then there is
        no use to continuing on this discussion and all further posts from you
        should be roundly ignored.

        Laurie

        On Apr 29, 2011, at 8:55 PM, Michael L Cunningham wrote:

        > I know exactly what a prophet is and how one is proven to be a true
        > prophet... and you ain't it.
        >
        > Michael L Cunningham

      • istari1357
        Message 3 of 24 , May 5, 2011
          --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L Cunningham" <bogeystar@...> wrote:

          > It's very simple... a prophet can tell you exactly what will happen in the
          > future. False prophets will dance around their "truth" never committing,
          > always careful not to paint themselves into a corner. Nancy is a very good
          > example of that and history is full of false prophets just like her. Avoid
          > people who continually fail to provide the crucial details; exact times &
          > dates since they haven't a clue.
          >
          > Troll? I've been here longer and more steadfastly than most of the folks who
          > frequent this forum. If anyone is a troll... it's those who claim to be
          > prophets.
          >
          > Michael L Cunningham

          Remember too Michael, that false prophets were stoned to death in the Hebrew scriptures for telling lies by order of Moses. Even many of the Ancient Prophets were stoned to death and sawn in two even when their predictions DID come true. Such is societies revulsion for truth... comfortable lies are much more palatable to the human ego; lets folk sleep in peace.

          Istari
        • belleamie1024
          Message 4 of 24 , May 6, 2011
            --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "istari1357" <ianrobertson5@...> wrote:

            > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L Cunningham" <bogeystar@> wrote:
            > >
            > > It's very simple... a prophet can tell you exactly what will happen in the
            > > future. False prophets will dance around their "truth" never committing,
            > > always careful not to paint themselves into a corner. Nancy is a very good
            > > example of that and history is full of false prophets just like her. Avoid
            > > people who continually fail to provide the crucial details; exact times &
            > > dates since they haven't a clue.
            > >
            > > Troll? I've been here longer and more steadfastly than most of the folks who
            > > frequent this forum. If anyone is a troll... it's those who claim to be
            > > prophets.
            > >
            > > Michael L Cunningham
            >
            > Remember too Michael, that false prophets were stoned to death in
            > the Hebrew scriptures for telling lies by order of Moses. Even many
            > of the Ancient Prophets were stoned to death and sawn in two even
            > when their predictions DID come true.

            Yeah? Like who?

            > Such is societies revulsion for truth... comfortable lies are much
            > more palatable to the human ego; lets folk sleep in peace.
            >
            > Istari

          • istari1357
            Message 5 of 24 , May 6, 2011
              --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "belleamie1024" <d_wilk@...> wrote:

              > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "istari1357" <ianrobertson5@> wrote:
              > >
              > > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L Cunningham" <bogeystar@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > It's very simple... a prophet can tell you exactly what will happen in the
              > > > future. False prophets will dance around their "truth" never committing,
              > > > always careful not to paint themselves into a corner. Nancy is a very good
              > > > example of that and history is full of false prophets just like her. Avoid
              > > > people who continually fail to provide the crucial details; exact times &
              > > > dates since they haven't a clue.
              > > >
              > > > Troll? I've been here longer and more steadfastly than most of the folks who
              > > > frequent this forum. If anyone is a troll... it's those who claim to be
              > > > prophets.
              > > >
              > > > Michael L Cunningham
              > >
              > > Remember too Michael, that false prophets were stoned to death in
              > > the Hebrew scriptures for telling lies by order of Moses. Even many
              > > of the Ancient Prophets were stoned to death and sawn in two even
              > > when their predictions DID come true.
              >
              > Yeah? Like who?

              The prophet Isaiah is said to have been cut in two for his prophecies and Jesus said this in Matthew 23:

              29 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!

              33 "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.

              37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.

              Istari
            • belleamie1024
              Message 6 of 24 , May 6, 2011
                --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "istari1357" <ianrobertson5@...> wrote:

                > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "belleamie1024" <d_wilk@> wrote:
                > >

                > > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "istari1357" <ianrobertson5@> wrote:

                > > > Remember too Michael, that false prophets were stoned to death in
                > > > the Hebrew scriptures for telling lies by order of Moses. Even many
                > > > of the Ancient Prophets were stoned to death and sawn in two even
                > > > when their predictions DID come true.
                > >
                > > Yeah? Like who?
                >
                > The prophet Isaiah is said to have been cut in two for his prophecies and Jesus said this in Matthew 23:
                >
                > 29 "Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You build tombs for the prophets and decorate the graves of the righteous. 30 And you say, `If we had lived in the days of our ancestors, we would not have taken part with them in shedding the blood of the prophets.' 31 So you testify against yourselves that you are the descendants of those who murdered the prophets. 32 Go ahead, then, and complete what your ancestors started!
                >
                > 33 "You snakes! You brood of vipers! How will you escape being condemned to hell? 34 Therefore I am sending you prophets and sages and teachers. Some of them you will kill and crucify; others you will flog in your synagogues and pursue from town to town. 35 And so upon you will come all the righteous blood that has been shed on earth, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah son of Berekiah, whom you murdered between the temple and the altar. 36 Truly I tell you, all this will come on this generation.
                >
                > 37 "Jerusalem, Jerusalem, you who kill the prophets and stone those sent to you, how often I have longed to gather your children together, as a hen gathers her chicks under her wings, and you were not willing. 38 Look, your house is left to you desolate. 39 For I tell you, you will not see me again until you say, `Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord.
                >
                > Istari

                Even if I grant the accuracy of biblical writings (which I don't necessarily,) these guys were typically persecuted for other reasons, i.e., challenging the existing status quo, fomenting rebellion, pointing out the shortcomings and failings and others, or otherwise being a general pain in tha arse. Can you give an example of a prophet being executed specifically for accurate prognostication?
              • istari1357
                Message 7 of 24 , May 6, 2011
                  --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "belleamie1024" <d_wilk@...> wrote:

                  > Even if I grant the accuracy of biblical writings (which I don't necessarily,) these guys were typically persecuted for other reasons, i.e., challenging the existing status quo, fomenting rebellion, pointing out the shortcomings and failings and others, or otherwise being a general pain in tha arse. Can you give an example of a prophet being executed specifically for accurate prognostication?

                  They were troublemakers indeed. Turn a wordview upside down and you are asking for serious trouble. Agreed on reality is not necessarily true reality as agreed on reality changes with time. Maybe these prophets were ahead of their time? I suspect "The Enlightenment" paradigm will eventually be overturned and a newer, more true paradigm will emerge. Until that day we neanderthals must be content with being neanderthals.

                  I wonder if God would be considered a "pain in the arse" or inconvenient truth to us mere mortals?

                  I suspect many true prophets' names have been wiped from history as they were inconvenient to the status quo of the time. Ironic that the status quo of any given time too must pass away. The medieval witch burnings purged society of the psychics, so why not prophets too?

                  I's wager the library of alexandria and the vatican library contained and contains many prophecies by true prophets!

                  Istari
                • Michael L Cunningham
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 6, 2011
                    Just answer the question...

                    Michael L Cunningham

                    Message 9 of 24 , May 6, 2011
                      --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L Cunningham" <bogeystar@...> wrote:

                      > Just answer the question...
                      >
                      > Michael L Cunningham

                      Polite as ever L.A Michael. How about please? What does the "L" stand for? Nevermind. ;-)

                      If you read my answer again you will see that I said that true prophets' names have been wiped from history. In other words, the answer to the question is "no".

                      Any true prophets out there? If so, speak up and inform us what will happen in 2012!

                      Istari
                    • belleamie1024
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 9, 2011
                        --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "istari1357" <ianrobertson5@...> wrote:

                        > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L Cunningham" <bogeystar@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Just answer the question...
                        > >
                        > > Michael L Cunningham
                        >
                        > Polite as ever L.A Michael. How about please? What does the "L" stand for? Nevermind. ;-)
                        >
                        > If you read my answer again you will see that I said that true prophets' names have been wiped from history. In other words, the answer to the question is "no".
                        >
                        > Any true prophets out there? If so, speak up and inform us what will happen in 2012!
                        >
                        > Istari

                        Okay, let's see...

                        I predict that in 2012 we will see natural disasters occur in various parts of the world. Expect flood, famine, earthquakes, hurricanes, cyclones, and tornados.. There will be unrest and violence in the Middle East, as well as other significant places.. I see that one or more celebrity flame-outs will occupy the news media.. I predict that some will proclaim these events to be signs of the end of times.. I predict that Ian will continue to make claims that he cannot back up..

                        Check back in 2013 to see how I did.
                      • istari1357
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 13, 2011
                          --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "belleamie1024" <d_wilk@...> wrote:

                          > > Any true prophets out there? If so, speak up and inform us what will happen in 2012!
                          > >
                          > > Istari
                          > >

                          > Okay, let's see...
                          >
                          > I predict that in 2012 we will see natural disasters occur in various parts of the world. Expect flood, famine, earthquakes, hurricanes, cyclones, and tornados.. There will be unrest and violence in the Middle East, as well as other significant places.. I see that one or more celebrity flame-outs will occupy the news media.. I predict that some will proclaim these events to be signs of the end of times.. I predict that Ian will continue to make claims that he cannot back up..
                          >
                          > Check back in 2013 to see how I did.

                          False prophet! Stone him!!!

                          It is funny that the trailer for the movie 2012 stated "You Were Warned". Just a movie? Maybe.

                          Sooner or later; later or sooner, the end of society as we know it must come. Let us hope it is a change for the better and not for the worse.

                          Istari
                        • DaveW
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 16, 2011
                            --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "istari1357" <ianrobertson5@...> wrote:

                            > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "belleamie1024" <d_wilk@> wrote:
                            >
                            > > > Any true prophets out there? If so, speak up and inform us what will happen in 2012!
                            > > >
                            > > > Istari
                            > > >

                            > > Okay, let's see...
                            > >
                            > > I predict that in 2012 we will see natural disasters occur in various parts of the world. Expect flood, famine, earthquakes, hurricanes, cyclones, and tornados.. There will be unrest and violence in the Middle East, as well as other significant places.. I see that one or more celebrity flame-outs will occupy the news media.. I predict that some will proclaim these events to be signs of the end of times.. I predict that Ian will continue to make claims that he cannot back up..
                            > >
                            > > Check back in 2013 to see how I did.
                            >
                            > False prophet! Stone him!!!
                            >
                            > It is funny that the trailer for the movie 2012 stated "You Were Warned". Just a movie? Maybe.
                            >
                            > Sooner or later; later or sooner, the end of society as we know it must come. Let us hope it is a change for the better and not for the worse.
                            >
                            > Istari

                            Sure, sooner or later. But no era in history is devoid of those proclaiming that the end is nigh. So far, they've been batting 0.0.
                            The latest in line is the "Christian Ministry" of a certain Harold Camping proclaiming this next Saturday as the return of Jesus. Bets, anyone?
                          • istari1357
                            Message 13 of 24 , May 16, 2011
                              --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "DaveW" <d_wilk@...> wrote:

                              > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "istari1357" <ianrobertson5@> wrote:

                              > > > Okay, let's see...
                              > > >
                              > > > I predict that in 2012 we will see natural disasters occur in various parts of the world. Expect flood, famine, earthquakes, hurricanes, cyclones, and tornados.. There will be unrest and violence in the Middle East, as well as other significant places.. I see that one or more celebrity flame-outs will occupy the news media.. I predict that some will proclaim these events to be signs of the end of times.. I predict that Ian will continue to make claims that he cannot back up..
                              > > >
                              > > > Check back in 2013 to see how I did.
                              > >
                              > > False prophet! Stone him!!!
                              > >
                              > > It is funny that the trailer for the movie 2012 stated "You Were Warned". Just a movie? Maybe.
                              > >
                              > > Sooner or later; later or sooner, the end of society as we know it must come. Let us hope it is a change for the better and not for the worse.
                              > >
                              > > Istari
                              > >

                              > Sure, sooner or later. But no era in history is devoid of those proclaiming that the end is nigh. So far, they've been batting 0.0.
                              > The latest in line is the "Christian Ministry" of a certain Harold Camping proclaiming this next Saturday as the return of Jesus. Bets, anyone?

                              I'm not holding my breath. The difference in this modern era is that humanity (or those in control of the masses), have weapons of mass destruction that could end the world and kill all life in seconds. Past era's involved regional tribes and clans fighting one to one with inefficient weapons... today the world CAN be ended.

                              As King Soloman said, "Knowledge Increases Sorrow". I totally agree.. . and too much cold, hard science without ethics is a very dangerous thing, especially in the hands of the immoral.

                              As The Smiths asked, "How Soon Is Now"?

                              Istari
                            • DaveW
                              Message 14 of 24 , May 18, 2011
                                --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "istari1357" <ianrobertson5@...> wrote:

                                > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "DaveW" <d_wilk@> wrote:
                                > >

                                > > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "istari1357" <ianrobertson5@> wrote:

                                > > > False prophet! Stone him!!!
                                > > >
                                > > > It is funny that the trailer for the movie 2012 stated "You Were Warned". Just a movie? Maybe.
                                > > >
                                > > > Sooner or later; later or sooner, the end of society as we know it must come. Let us hope it is a change for the better and not for the worse.
                                > > >
                                > > > Istari
                                > > >

                                > > Sure, sooner or later. But no era in history is devoid of those proclaiming that the end is nigh. So far, they've been batting 0.0.
                                > > The latest in line is the "Christian Ministry" of a certain Harold Camping proclaiming this next Saturday as the return of Jesus. Bets, anyone?
                                >
                                > I'm not holding my breath. The difference in this modern era is that humanity (or those in control of the masses), have weapons of mass destruction that could end the world and kill all life in seconds. Past era's involved regional tribes and clans fighting one to one with inefficient weapons... today the world CAN be ended.

                                Here you demonstrate a firm grasp of the obvious. Since most of us have lived our entire lives under the threat of nuclear annihilation, I doubt this is news to anyone.

                                But this is too pedestrian a scenario for the doomsayers I'm referring to. They require additional supernatural and/or extraterrestrial elements, such as rogue planets, lizardy alien invasions, returning mythical characters, etc., to spice things up a bit.

                                > As King Soloman said, "Knowledge Increases Sorrow". I totally agree.. .

                                So you say you're a happy guy, hmm?