Is the "Force" real

  • Duke
    Message 1 of 18 , Jul 21, 2010
      The quantum entanglement theory, simply stated, is the idea that all molecules in the universe are connected. Given advancement in neurosciences, and our new understanding of quantum theories the world could be on the verge of a shift in consciousness.

      is the force real?
    • Michael L Cunningham
      Message 2 of 18 , Jul 22, 2010
        So.... you're an expert on quantum theories?

        "...shift in consciousness"... please show me where consciousness is in the
        quantum theory.

        "...is the force real?"... me thinks you've been watching too many movies.
        Have trouble separating reality from fantasy?

        Michael L Cunningham

        Message 3 of 18 , Jul 24, 2010
          The Quantum field is consciousness itself, and It's three constants are the
          understanding of the true nature of consciousness. We are all One within it,
          there is nothing outside of it, and there are always infinite possibilities
          anywhere within it. This understanding allows you to shift in
          consciousness.    L, mark

          ________________________________

          Message 4 of 18 , Jul 26, 2010
            I'm sorry but you really need to read up on the mechanics of quantum theory. Consciousness nor any of your new age theories doesn't enter into the theory as much as you would love it to be.

            Your mumbo-jumbo, touchy-feely, comments are grounded in pure fantasy.

            If you really want to enlighten yourself... educate yourself.

            Michael L Cunningham

            Message 5 of 18 , Jul 26, 2010
              --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, Mark Johnson <theexperiment101@...> wrote:

              > The Quantum field is consciousness itself, and It's three constants are the
              > understanding of the true nature of consciousness. We are all One within it,
              > there is nothing outside of it, and there are always infinite possibilities
              > anywhere within it. This understanding allows you to shift in
              > consciousness.    L, mark

              Nonsense. Where did you study quantum theory, Woo Woo U?
            • Hap Griffin
              Message 6 of 18 , Jul 26, 2010
                Please go read a real book on quantum mechanics and quit with this new-age crap.

                Hap

                Message 7 of 18 , Jul 28, 2010
                  --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "Hap Griffin" <lgriffin@...> wrote:

                  > Please go read a real book on quantum mechanics and quit with this new-age crap.
                  >
                  > Hap

                  I can recommend John Gribben's "In Search of Schroedinger's Cat" as a fascinating "pop sci" introduction.
                • Michael L Cunningham
                  Message 8 of 18 , Jul 28, 2010
                    Unless the gentlemen changes his approach, he'll think he's reading Alice in Wonderland.

                    Message 9 of 18 , Jul 28, 2010
                      --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "Michael L Cunningham" <bogeystar@...> wrote:

                      > Unless the gentlemen changes his approach, he'll think he's reading Alice in Wonderland.

                      Maybe, but it will be a shame if he misses a chance to discover how fascinating real science is, as opposed to the woo-woo stuff that anyone can make up pretty much off the top of their heads.
                    • Mark Johnson
                      Message 10 of 18 , Jul 29, 2010
                        Your not sorry, your intent is to insult. But you have not demonstrated how
                        my three constants of the Quantum are incorrect, and they are a shift in
                        consciousness. You've certainly demonstrated you don't like stuff, why don't you
                        tell us about what YOU believe, maybe some way to look at this that you like.

                        Thanks, mark

                        ________________________________

                        Message 11 of 18 , Jul 29, 2010
                          Extensively, pick a point and lets debate. I draw the line you and Mike over
                          there.

                          ________________________________

                          Message 12 of 18 , Jul 29, 2010
                            You commented...

                            <Your not sorry, your intent is to insult.

                            My intent is to educate but you can't see the forest for the trees.

                            <But you have not demonstrated how my three constants of the Quantum are incorrect, and they are a shift in
                            <consciousness.

                            Biggest error on your part. It's up to YOU my friend to demonstrate the truth to your statement. You want us
                            to believe that somehow you're "enlightened" and knowledgeable about a sub-set of mathematics that is very
                            high level, just by posting a statement of opinion. How many years of education do you have of mathematics?
                            Where have you studied and do you have a degree to postulate on quantum mechanics?

                            Tell ME why I should pay more than scant amused attention to your postings and back it up with more than just
                            "feelings".

                            <You've certainly demonstrated you don't like stuff, why don't you
                            <tell us about what YOU believe, maybe some way to look at this that you like.

                            What do I believe? I believe you haven't a clue about quantum mechanics. I believe you post certain key phrases
                            with the expectation that a certain group on this forum would "think" you're "enlightened" by dropping phrases
                            such as "shift in consciousness"... "We are all One within it"... etc. etc. blah, blah, blah.

                            What I don't like is individuals such as yourself who think they can hijack modern science for their own
                            self-edification.

                            Me thinks those crystals you wear around your neck are just common rocks.

                            Michael L Cunningham

                            Message 13 of 18 , Jul 29, 2010
                              Well stated.

                              Hap Griffin

                              Message 14 of 18 , Jul 30, 2010
                                --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, Mark Johnson <theexperiment101@...> wrote:

                                > Extensively, pick a point and lets debate. I draw the line you and Mike over there.

                                Very well. You state "the Quantum field is consciousness itself." Please give evidence that this is the case. You may start by telling us what exactly a "Quantum field" is.
                              • Hap Griffin
                                Message 15 of 18 , Jul 30, 2010
                                  This ought to be good!

                                  Hap

                                  Message 16 of 18 , Jul 30, 2010
                                    Somehow, I don't think we'll be seeing a response from this gentleman since
                                    he has displayed zero knowledge of quantum mechanics and
                                    zero knowledge of how his fantasy works. He would have been better to stick
                                    with Cosmology and multiple universes & dimensions.

                                    Michael L Cunningham

                                    Message 17 of 18 , Aug 23, 2010
                                           From the perspective of science, I believe that it has been found to be a
                                      wave field of infinite possibilities, string connected to everything. I
                                      believe it is focused into particle realities by the specific perspective
                                      achieved. There are possibilities being looked at, that there is a black hole at
                                      the center of every sphere in space, causing a tetrahedron which allows the
                                      sphere's existence. The quark at the center of every atomic structure, is the
                                      mathematical equation of is the tetrahedron, and also indicated by sun spots,
                                      and Jupiter's big spot, largest volcanoes on earth and mars, just to name a few
                                      that are all on the points the inner tetrahedron touches the sphere's
                                      surface. Making a possibility that physical realities are all Swiss cheese,
                                      coming from and leading back to the One that we all are, which is over the event
                                      horizon. I see the 'big bang' as an act of consciousness, so everything
                                      therefrom must be within that consciousness. So as I said the Quantum field is
                                      consciousness itself, but as everything that is and everything that isn't is
                                      within it, it's not describable.
                                            But the question I've placed on the floor is, was it the perspective of
                                      the observer that caused the wave pattern to change to the particle pattern
                                      expected, answering the double slot dilemma. Thanks L, mark

                                      ________________________________

                                      Message 18 of 18 , Aug 24, 2010
                                        --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, Mark Johnson <theexperiment101@...> wrote:

                                        >      From the perspective of science, I believe that it has been found to be a
                                        > wave field of infinite possibilities, string connected to everything. I
                                        > believe it is focused into particle realities by the specific perspective
                                        > achieved. There are possibilities being looked at, that there is a black hole at
                                        > the center of every sphere in space, causing a tetrahedron which allows the
                                        > sphere's existence. The quark at the center of every atomic structure, is the
                                        > mathematical equation of is the tetrahedron, and also indicated by sun spots,
                                        > and Jupiter's big spot, largest volcanoes on earth and mars, just to name a few
                                        > that are all on the points the inner tetrahedron touches the sphere's
                                        > surface. Making a possibility that physical realities are all Swiss cheese,
                                        > coming from and leading back to the One that we all are, which is over the event
                                        > horizon. I see the 'big bang' as an act of consciousness, so everything
                                        > therefrom must be within that consciousness. So as I said the Quantum field is
                                        > consciousness itself, but as everything that is and everything that isn't is
                                        > within it, it's not describable.
                                        >       But the question I've placed on the floor is, was it the perspective of
                                        > the observer that caused the wave pattern to change to the particle pattern
                                        > expected, answering the double slot dilemma. Thanks L, mark

                                        So, since the big bang was, in your view, "an act of consciousness" everything that resulted from it is consciousness?
                                        Well, maybe, maybe not. It's absolutely unprovable, and I don't see what difference it makes one way or the other.
                                        As for the collapse of the wave function, what causes it is an act of measurement. Whether consciousness is involved or not is still up for debate. Currently, the concept of decoherence holds more favor amongst many physicists.
                                        But whatever the cause, note that the net effect is that by setting up an intricate and elaborate experimental tableau, you may, by choosing which measurements to make, cause either one aspect or another of a quantum system to manifest. You can not change how that particular occurrence manifests. It's either A or B. Period. So any new agey bushwah about "choosing your own reality" is extremely circumscribed. With a great deal of effort, you may create a situation where you may see either a wave pattern or a particle pattern. So what? It takes real science and real engineering to produce anything useful from that.

                                        Of the rest of your post, concerning a "quark at the center of every atomic structure", tetrahedrons, Jupiter's Big Red Spot, and pretty much everything in between, I confess that I can parse nothing that makes any sense.