Re: Happy New Year! And the DeBunker 100% accurate predictions for 2007

  • awoken_man07
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2007
      --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "earl_colby_pottinger"
      <earlcolby.pottinger@...> wrote:

      > May all of you who are not looking forward to Doom and Gloom have a
      > happy new year.
      >
      > And please post your 100% sure prediction for 2007!
      >
      > Mine predictions:
      >
      > 1) An major earthquake 6.0+ will occur somewhere along the Ring of
      > Fire by December 31, 2007.
      >
      > 2) A volcano will erupt somewhere along the Ring of Fire by
      December
      > 31, 2007.
      >
      > 3) A mud slide or flood will wipe out a village or two somewhere in
      > the world by December 31, 2007.
      >
      > 4) A sinkhole greater than 20 feet in diameter will form somewhere
      in
      > the world by December 31, 2007.
      >
      > 5) The moon's position will match the positions given in books
      written
      > 100 years ago.
      >
      > 6) GOTO Telescopes will work fine too!
      >
      > 7) There will be a major solar flare of X9+ sometime in 2007.
      >
      > 8) No ZetaDrone nor Nancy will be able to show a single astro
      > prediction in ZetaTalk that matched reality.
      >
      > 9) Nancy still will not directly answer any serious question given
      > her, instead she will reply with the answer of some other questions
      > she made up, try to change the subject or if that does not work
      > personal insults - but still no real answers.
      >
      > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
      >
      > 10) There will still be no sign of Planet X, the pink planet of
      doom.

      > Anyone else want to add any predictions???

      11) I predict that you and your fellow cohorts will continue to
      pounce on anyone who posts a severe weather or earth changes
      article, even if it doesn't explicitly trump up ZetaTalk.

      12) I predict the number of debunkers will continue to outnumber the
      undecided and believers, which is quite significant in itself.

      Happy New Year :)
    • Jamie Eckles
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2007
        <earlcolby.pottinger@...> wrote:

        > Anyone else want to add any predictions???

        Once a year, since the end of 2002, I have confidently
        predicted that Planet eX would not show up. For 4 years
        now I have been 100% successful, and Nancy 100% wrong.
        Once again, Planet eX will not show up in 2007, or ever,
        for that matter.

        Jamie
      • Clyde
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2007
          "earl_colby_pottinger"

          > Anyone else want to add any predictions???

          YES :P

          prediction one : I predict that nancy and other zidiots will recycle :P

          prediction two : I predict that they will selectovly quote and missrepresent
          scientific announcements to make iit appear that they fit " predictions"

          YRS - APE

        • belleamie1024
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 2, 2007
            --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "awoken_man07" <jeremyrogers1@...>
            wrote:

            > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "earl_colby_pottinger"
            > <earlcolby.pottinger@> wrote:
            > >
            > > May all of you who are not looking forward to Doom and Gloom have
            > > happy new year.
            > >
            > > And please post your 100% sure prediction for 2007!
            > >
            > > Mine predictions:
            > >
            > > 1) An major earthquake 6.0+ will occur somewhere along the Ring of
            > > Fire by December 31, 2007.
            > >
            > > 2) A volcano will erupt somewhere along the Ring of Fire by
            > December
            > > 31, 2007.
            > >
            > > 3) A mud slide or flood will wipe out a village or two somewhere
            in
            > > the world by December 31, 2007.
            > >
            > > 4) A sinkhole greater than 20 feet in diameter will form
            somewhere
            > in
            > > the world by December 31, 2007.
            > >
            > > 5) The moon's position will match the positions given in books
            > written
            > > 100 years ago.
            > >
            > > 6) GOTO Telescopes will work fine too!
            > >
            > > 7) There will be a major solar flare of X9+ sometime in 2007.
            > >
            > > 8) No ZetaDrone nor Nancy will be able to show a single astro
            > > prediction in ZetaTalk that matched reality.
            > >
            > > 9) Nancy still will not directly answer any serious question given
            > > her, instead she will reply with the answer of some other
            questions
            > > she made up, try to change the subject or if that does not work
            > > personal insults - but still no real answers.
            > >
            > > * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
            *

            > > 10) There will still be no sign of Planet X, the pink planet of
            > doom.
            > >

            > > Anyone else want to add any predictions???
            >
            > 11) I predict that you and your fellow cohorts will continue to
            > pounce on anyone who posts a severe weather or earth changes
            > article, even if it doesn't explicitly trump up ZetaTalk.

            Oh, so replying to a post on a forum is "pouncing"? Gee, I thought
            that's what forums were for. This is just another example of the
            bunkers and their "fellow cohorts" (sic) attempting to change the
            subject from that of Nanzeta's failed predictions and general
            silliness. I predict that Nanzee and the bunkers will continue to use
            this rather lame tactic in the coming year.

            > 12) I predict the number of debunkers will continue to outnumber
            the
            > undecided and believers, which is quite significant in itself.

            Yes, it's significant in that it shows how the bunkers scuttle away
            like roaches when exposed to the light of reason.
            I predict that the bunkers will continue to avoid any serious
            discussion of earth changes, resorting to hit-and-run posts and/or
            claims of "bullying" and "paid debunking" by their detractors.

            > Happy New Year :)

            Right back at ya.
          • awoken_man07
            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 2, 2007
              --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "belleamie1024" <d_wilk@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > that's what forums were for. This is just another example of the
              > bunkers and their "fellow cohorts" (sic) attempting to change the
              > subject from that of Nanzeta's failed predictions and general
              > silliness. I predict that Nanzee and the bunkers will continue to
              use
              > this rather lame tactic in the coming year.
              >

              > > 12) I predict the number of debunkers will continue to outnumber
              > the
              > > undecided and believers, which is quite significant in itself.
              > >

              > Yes, it's significant in that it shows how the bunkers scuttle
              away
              > like roaches when exposed to the light of reason.
              > I predict that the bunkers will continue to avoid any serious
              > discussion of earth changes, resorting to hit-and-run posts and/or
              > claims of "bullying" and "paid debunking" by their detractors.

              By pouncing, I mean the way that the debunkers (or whatever name you
              wish to call these operatives) respond to a factual news post using
              a sarcastic or abrupt, dismissive style of challenging the poster.
              There are numerous examples of this in the history of tt-watch. I
              will agree that some of the believers or ponderers, if you will,
              tend to post-and-run, but that in part results from their tedium of
              having to enagage in a protracted debate with the debunkers. I'm not
              going to take rigid sides here, but I think the "bunkers" needed a
              mild voice in their favour. And why do you need to conclude your
              spiel with "Right Back at Ya', a rather feisty slogan I must say.

              Ironically, I think the dogged persistence of the debunkers on tt-
              watch has helped to convince the casual readers of ZetaTalk that
              there must be something to it despite the failed predictions, 2003
              et al.

            • Hap Griffin
              Message 6 of 11 , Jan 2, 2007
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 2, 2007
                  > > 11) I predict that you and your fellow cohorts will continue to
                  > > pounce on anyone who posts a severe weather or earth changes
                  > > article, even if it doesn't explicitly trump up ZetaTalk.
                  >
                  > Only if they try and use it to support zetatalk without any
                  evidence. The
                  > weather and climate of the earth has always been changing and
                  always will.
                  > But to try and claim that it's caused by some imaginary and
                  otherwise
                  > undetectable planet is just plain silly and deserves derision. If
                  bunkers
                  > continue to claim that something is on the increase without
                  providing a
                  > shred of evidence to back up that claim, they deserve all the
                  derision they
                  > get.
                  >

                  > > 12) I predict the number of debunkers will continue to outnumber
                  the
                  > > undecided and believers, which is quite significant in itself.
                  > >

                  > Doesn't that tell you something?
                  >
                  > Hap

                  It makes me wonder why so many debunkers need to lurk here now that
                  the number of believer posts has drastically dwindled. I reckon only
                  one or two of you at most would need to stay resident here to
                  perform the job. I looked through the archive for December 06 and
                  only saw a few posts by Mike O'Hara, franci66, and of course Nancys
                  occaional ones she re-posts from ZetaTalk. And Mike O, only posts
                  here now and then these days. Maybe some of the debunkers want more
                  believers to stop by here so you can satisfy your craving for debate
                  and ridiculing ZetaTalk.
                • Jamie Eckles
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 5, 2007
                    --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "awoken_man07" <jeremyrogers1@...> wrote:

                    > By pouncing, I mean the way that the debunkers (or whatever name you
                    > wish to call these operatives) respond to a factual news post using
                    > a sarcastic or abrupt, dismissive style of challenging the poster.

                    How is posting "X happened, so Planet eX must have caused it"
                    a "factual" news post?

                    > Ironically, I think the dogged persistence of the debunkers on tt-
                    > watch has helped to convince the casual readers of ZetaTalk that
                    > there must be something to it despite the failed predictions, 2003
                    > et al.

                    I have never understood the psychology of that. This means that
                    if pedophiles are criticized and attacked there must be something
                    that they are doing right, to your way of thinking. BTW, the almost
                    total lack of support would prove you otherwise.

                    Jamie
                  • Jamie Eckles
                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 5, 2007
                      --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "awoken_man07" <jeremyrogers1@...> wrote:

                      > It makes me wonder why so many debunkers need to lurk here now that
                      > the number of believer posts has drastically dwindled. I reckon only
                      > one or two of you at most would need to stay resident here to
                      > perform the job. I looked through the archive for December 06 and
                      > only saw a few posts by Mike O'Hara, franci66, and of course Nancys
                      > occaional ones she re-posts from ZetaTalk. And Mike O, only posts
                      > here now and then these days. Maybe some of the debunkers want more
                      > believers to stop by here so you can satisfy your craving for debate
                      > and ridiculing ZetaTalk.

                      I have to admit that I am facinated with how some people will continue
                      to rationalize and justify something that has been proved false to
                      so many others. Passionate credulity fascinates me. The people who
                      still hang here are probably curious as well.

                      Jamie
                    • belleamie1024
                      Message 10 of 11 , Jan 5, 2007
                        wrote:

                        > > > 11) I predict that you and your fellow cohorts will continue to
                        > > > pounce on anyone who posts a severe weather or earth changes
                        > > > article, even if it doesn't explicitly trump up ZetaTalk.
                        > > > >

                        > > Oh, so replying to a post on a forum is "pouncing"? Gee, I
                        thought
                        > > that's what forums were for. This is just another example of the
                        > > bunkers and their "fellow cohorts" (sic) attempting to change the
                        > > subject from that of Nanzeta's failed predictions and general
                        > > silliness. I predict that Nanzee and the bunkers will continue to
                        > use
                        > > this rather lame tactic in the coming year.
                        > >

                        > > > 12) I predict the number of debunkers will continue to
                        outnumber
                        > > the
                        > > > undecided and believers, which is quite significant in itself.
                        > > >

                        > > Yes, it's significant in that it shows how the bunkers scuttle
                        > away
                        > > like roaches when exposed to the light of reason.
                        > > I predict that the bunkers will continue to avoid any serious
                        > > discussion of earth changes, resorting to hit-and-run posts
                        and/or
                        > > claims of "bullying" and "paid debunking" by their detractors.
                        > >
                        > > > Happy New Year :)
                        > > >

                        > > Right back at ya.
                        >
                        > By pouncing, I mean the way that the debunkers (or whatever name
                        you
                        > wish to call these operatives) respond to a factual news post using
                        > a sarcastic or abrupt, dismissive style of challenging the poster.
                        > There are numerous examples of this in the history of tt-watch.

                        And there are plenty of examples of the same, and worse, from the
                        bunker crowd. This only demonstrates that people will be people,
                        which should come as no surprise to anyone.

                        > I will agree that some of the believers or ponderers, if you will,
                        > tend to post-and-run, but that in part results from their tedium of
                        > having to enagage in a protracted debate with the debunkers.

                        Again, what's a forum for? But I do agree that it must be tedious for
                        the bunkers to forever be on the losing side in the "protracted
                        debate."

                        > I'm not going to take rigid sides here, but I think the "bunkers"
                        > needed a mild voice in their favour. And why do you need to
                        > conclude your spiel with "Right Back at Ya', a rather feisty slogan
                        > I must say.

                        And I suppose the use of the words "cohorts", "operatives",
                        and "spiel" are not?

                        > Ironically, I think the dogged persistence of the debunkers on tt-
                        > watch has helped to convince the casual readers of ZetaTalk that
                        > there must be something to it despite the failed predictions, 2003
                        > et al.

                        What you call "dogged persistence" I call a very minor diversion. It
                        only takes a few minutes out of a day to scroll through the
                        increasingly sparse traffic here, a few more should I feel compelled
                        to reply.
                        The real reason the bunkers have fled (excepting a few diehards) is
                        the continuing failure of Nanzee's predictions, not to mention their
                        increasing nuttiness. That more debunkers have stayed on surprises me
                        not at all. Speaking for myself, I'm curious to see how long Nanzee
                        will string it out.
                        Further, the overrepresentation of debunkers here works against the
                        conspiracy thesis you seem to be implying. As you yourself say (in
                        another post) one or two debunkers on station would be enough "to
                        perform the job." That is, if it were an organized effort. The
                        preponderance of debunkers demonstrates that it is not. I'm surprised
                        that anyone would reach the opposite conclusion. And do you know of
                        anyone besides yourself to do so, or are you just supposing?