Survival Communities, Models in Today’s Society on Blog Radio 12/6

  • nancylieder
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
      http://www.bbsradio.com/bbc/the_connection.shtml
      http://www.bbsradio.com/

      Wednesday night December 6
      TITLE: Survival Communities, Models in Today's Society

      Service-to-Other communities as the essence of survival after the pole
      shift. History of what is called Intentional Communities, and their
      recent proliferation. Self-sufficiency as a theme, and examples from
      the UK and Arizona. The Amish, and how their rules against the use of
      electricity make their lifestyle compliment the post pole shift times
      when the grid will be down and technology devastated and hard to
      restart. The Farm, in Summertown, Tennessee, an example of cooperative
      people with an emphasis on farming. What the Farm learned about the
      ideal size of a community. A German community called an experiment in
      tolerance, with insights on how to reduce conflict and achieve
      consenus. Yamagishi-kai in Japan and around the world, sharing all
      resources including money. Gardening as a common theme and the
      Findhorn gardens in Scottland. Example communities in Cincinnati and
      Montana with a gardening focus. Huehuecoyotl in Mexico as an example
      of an eco-village intent on preserving nature as well as being
      self-sufficient.
    • mr_john_jones2003
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
        --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "nancylieder" <zetatalk@...> wrote:

        > http://www.bbsradio.com/bbc/the_connection.shtml
        > http://www.bbsradio.com/
        >
        > Wednesday night December 6
        > TITLE: Survival Communities, Models in Today's Society
        >
        > Service-to-Other communities as the essence of survival after the
        pole
        > shift. History of what is called Intentional Communities, and their
        > recent proliferation. Self-sufficiency as a theme, and examples
        from
        > the UK and Arizona. The Amish, and how their rules against the use
        of
        > electricity make their lifestyle compliment the post pole shift
        times
        > when the grid will be down and technology devastated and hard to
        > restart. The Farm, in Summertown, Tennessee, an example of
        cooperative
        > people with an emphasis on farming. What the Farm learned about the
        > ideal size of a community. A German community called an experiment
        in
        > tolerance, with insights on how to reduce conflict and achieve
        > consenus. Yamagishi-kai in Japan and around the world, sharing all
        > resources including money. Gardening as a common theme and the
        > Findhorn gardens in Scottland. Example communities in Cincinnati
        and
        > Montana with a gardening focus. Huehuecoyotl in Mexico as an
        example
        > of an eco-village intent on preserving nature as well as being
        > self-sufficient.

        Don't forget to mention that group of 12 families of Zidiots that
        believed you in 193, and got arrested for trashing a national forest
        in Idaho.
      • Jamie Eckles
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2006
          --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "nancylieder" <zetatalk@...> wrote:

          > Service-to-Other communities as the essence of survival after the pole
          > shift. History of what is called Intentional Communities, and their
          > recent proliferation. Self-sufficiency as a theme, and examples from
          > the UK and Arizona. The Amish, and how their rules against the use of
          > electricity make their lifestyle compliment the post pole shift times
          > when the grid will be down and technology devastated and hard to
          > restart. The Farm, in Summertown, Tennessee, an example of cooperative
          > people with an emphasis on farming. What the Farm learned about the
          > ideal size of a community.

          I know some people who live at The Farm. The folks there
          would think you are mentally unwell.

          Jamie