Re: PS2004 Group - what happened to it ? No BS remarks please

  • norman_0001
    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 1, 2005
      --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "DrPostman" <antibellum@h...> wrote:

      > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "norman_0001" <Bigbeer@s...>
      wrote:

      > > When i try to enter this group i get this message;
      > > "There is no group called ps2004"
      > >
      > > Anyone knows what happened to it ? Jan, Gerard, someone?
      > >

      > That's what happens to groups that are overcontrolled.
      > I've seen it happen way too many times. And that ain't
      > no BS. This group continues to thrive. Figure it out
      > for yourself.
      >

      > Jamie

      Geez !

      You guys.... ;o)
    • v m
      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 3, 2005
        What was the farthest the Indian Ocean tsunami went inland, anyone recall? Have links?

      • patti k
        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 4, 2005
          hi=funny=i just got barnes n nobles last copy of a bk
          called tsunami n it said the wave went inland 2
          miles...n that was a mild wave compared to what i
          expect the future will hold, judging from such this as
          the whale bones jammed into mt tops in north america
          --- vandluce@... <vandluce@...> wrote:

          > What was the farthest the Indian Ocean tsunami went
          inland, anyone recall? Have links?

          removed]

          __________________________________
          Celebrate Yahoo!'s 10th Birthday!
        • belleamie1024
          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 4, 2005
            --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, patti k <pattik_tt_watch@y...> wrote:
            > hi=funny=i just got barnes n nobles last copy of a bk
            > called tsunami n it said the wave went inland 2
            > miles...n that was a mild wave compared to what i
            > expect the future will hold, judging from such this as
            > the whale bones jammed into mt tops in north america
            > --- vandluce@y... <vandluce@y...> wrote:

            For a better explanation of how those bones got there, see Stephen
            Jay Gould's "Leonardo's Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms."
          • DrPostman
            Message 5 of 12 , Mar 4, 2005
              --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "belleamie1024" <d_wilk@c...> wrote:

              > For a better explanation of how those bones got there, see Stephen
              > Jay Gould's "Leonardo's Mountain of Clams and the Diet of Worms."

              My favorite quote from that book:
              "The only universal attribute of scientific statements resides in their
              potential fallibility. If a claim cannot be disproven, it does not
              belong to the enterprise of science."

              The man died way too young and we lost a great scientist.

              Jamie