Re: Cunningham & debunk's kindly respond re Istari"Zeig Heil" Post

  • Istari
    Message 1 of 89 , Sep 1, 2004
      --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, v m <vandluce@y...> wrote:

      > Is that it? You call a posting a rant and tell someone not to
      watch the Republican national convention? Answer the question.

      I was wondering the same thing Vandluce. My bet is that there is a
      battle between the programmed mind and the intuitive heart going on;
      an inner conflict that is not easily resolved....psychological
      denial!! I watched the Mayor of New York give his speech live on BBC
      News 24 and indeed my blood pressure did rise. Michael was right for
      warning me not to watch!

      Theory: are you protecting a very high income or just letting
      current events slide on by without any personal critical review
      (except for well meaning posts here that don't follow the debunk
      line)? Are you a professional or amateur astronomer (can't remember
      though I thought you posted about it in the distant past)?

      The second option I think is more likely. It's easier to believe
      that 9-11 was carried out by evil invisible terrorists than believe
      it was all planned and executed by our own leaders.

      > Are all these debunk witty (?) little sniping attacks really
      protecting those who check out this TT-Watch from mass panic as you
      all claim? You contribute nothing, risk nothing. You grab one little
      line from a post for an attack, the debunk mob provide support by
      rushing in and voila: wasteland. Now I kind of like Postman even
      taken with bitters, Openminded is cool but still there's Cunningham.

      I like Michael too. I just wish he'd me more open.

      > Answer the question.

      Over to you Mr Michael Cunningham! Vandluce and I are interested in
      YOUR opinion! You should be flattered!

      Istari
    • Istari
      Message 89 of 89 , Sep 11, 2004
        --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "Jack Fisher"
        <jack_fisher_1914@y...> wrote:
        > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "Istari" <ianrobertson5@b...>
        wrote:

        > > Outer power is but a set of man-made rules; chains to keep our
        > > consciousness from expanding - the lowest common denominator. Is
        > the
        > > above all we as Human Beings are Jack?
        >
        > you're playing by all the same rules too, unless you claim to live
        in
        > a post-Apocalyptic, Mad Max-style world, where you are a law unto
        > yourself, which I doubt. the main difference is that I take
        > advantage of the system and prosper, while you merely complain and
        > wish that things will get better.

        True. I do because I must. My priorities though are different to
        yours. Why store up "treasure" when you can't take it with you when
        you die? I's rather focus on the treasures in my own soul: THE REAL.

        > Or is there MORE? Are we all
        > > but actors on a transient stage, or are we also the audience,
        the
        > > theatre, the city, the country, the world? Get my point?
        >
        > no, I don't get your point. but I promise to consider it this
        > weekend, down at the gun club, over scotch.

        GOOD! At least you have good taste in alcahol ;)

        > > > What kind of power are you talking about, and what do you
        expect
        > > > do with it, exactly?
        > >
        > > Whether you believe in the "power" that you intrinsically are
        are
        > > not, this "power" governs your life and effects the world. I'm
        > > talking about inner power, the power you were born with and the
        > > power you will die with too. What do I intend to do with it? Use
        it
        > > for good ;)
        >
        > I've used it to make a comfortable life for myself and family. I
        > never bothered with pseudo-radical coffee house maunderings about
        how
        > things might be. I'd have a lot more respect for your philosophy
        if
        > you went out and blew up something.

        I'm happy that you have a comfortable life for you and and your
        family Jack. Blow the "EGO" up because it is that what chains us all.

        > > > I'll tell you something else: I really don't give a shi'ite
        > which
        > > > party occupies the White House because the system will keep
        > > rolling
        > > > along regardless of who is president (1), but most of all
        because
        > > > have access to decision makers in the places it counts for me.
        > > >
        > > > Do you really think an awaking crowd of woowoos can dislodge
        my
        > > kind
        > > > and establish some strange kind of Utopia where everyone wears
        > > white
        > > > ascension robes and dolphins fly through the trees?
        > >
        > > In a word..yes. Everything lives and dies...including
        > Civilisations,
        > > Govenments, societies, worldviews etc...I believe the present
        > > worldview is dying, to be replaced by another. The winds have
        > > changed direction and the walls are falling down. Humanity has
        > > reached the crossroads: either change or die.
        >
        > you ought to relax, get a hobby, find a girlfriend, join the navy
        and
        > see the world. enjoy life. its not going anywhere soon. I --
        and
        > people like me but a whole lot worse -- will be around longer than
        > you realize.

        I don't believe so. I do have many hobbies; a girlfriend, I see the
        world (or some of it) with my mind. As for the Navy etc...I could
        never kill anyone so why bother?

        > > > (1) although I think Kerry is a political failure while Bush
        is
        > > > likely to kill the kind of people who deserve killing.
        > >
        > > Who deserves to be killed, and what one Human Being (or any) has
        > the
        > > right to decide if another lives or dies?
        >
        > who deserves to be killed? roughly speaking, killers who plan
        > murders, murderers for hire, mass murderers, torture murderers.
        who
        > decides? the properly constituted courts of this country, after
        they
        > afford the accused the full measure of due process of law.
        >
        > al-qaida members excepted. if not shot outright, they should be
        > captured and turned over to the Isrealis for proper disposal.

        I don't believe in Capital Punishment. It has to be said, we live in
        very different worlds Jack. Our daily thought must be very different.

        > This is barbarity at it's
        > > most finest Jack. You either forgive the enemy or BECOME the
        enemy.

        > > Istari
        >
        > no forgiveness for bin Laden. you want barbarity? I'll give you
        > barbarity. I'd pull off his arms and legs and sew him up, alive,
        in
        > the carcass of a corn fed monster of an Iowa pig, and bury it in a
        > fire ant nest while it shrinks in the sun.
        >
        > I'll let you weep for his soul.

        The short time we are alive here is a very short time indeed in the
        scheme of things. Be careful because we must answer for everything
        when we leave.

        Istari