Re: Transit of Venus

  • David
    Message 1 of 77 , Apr 1, 2004
      --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "openmindxx" <imopenmind@n...> wrote:
      > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "David" <david.paterson@b...>
      wrote:
      > > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "openmindxx" <imopenmind@n...>
      wrote:

      > > > Where are you located David? I plan to observe from a golf
      course
      > > on
      > > > the coast at Malaga Spain.
      > >
      > > I'm in Scotland, near Perth, although Malaga sounds like a much
      nicer
      > > place to watch from :))
      > >
      > > Our local club will be doing a special event, and I expect the
      > > observatory will be open extra early.
      > >
      > > David P.
      >
      > We really like Scotland and plan a return visit next year but the
      > cloud cover prediction is a tad better on the Costa del Sol (20-30%
      > vs. 60-70%) http://home.cc.umanitoba.ca/%
      7Ejander/transit/transitwx.png .

      Yeah, the weather's usually the big problem with any observing in the
      UK - if you can see the stars it's going to rain, if you can't see
      them it's already raining :))

      It'll be fingers and everything else crossed for a clear spell at
      just the right time.

      We'll have to compare results afterwards.

      David P.
    • mr_john_jones2003
      Message 77 of 77 , Apr 6, 2004
        --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "byeyourownshoelaces"
        <bbuzunis@h...> wrote:
        [...]
        > As far as scientists lying, I do not see how they're supposed to
        be
        > any better or worse than the rest of humanity. I'm hard pressed
        > figure out how a theory could lie though, either the existing
        > observations support it or not, either the theory predicts and can
        > be verified by experiment or not.
        >
        > Bye Your Own Shoelaces

        Well said, Mr. Shoelaces. I tip my hat to you.

        --

        Jones, FODS#007.