Bush the deserter

  • rstefdc
    Message 1 of 31 , Feb 1, 2004
      this should be e-mailed to the troops in Iraq....anybody knows a
      site/GI-forum?!? :PPP

      Bush's War Record: Missing, Inaction

      The moral dictates of the Christian right are nothing compared
      with the concerns of the protectors of public morality in the press
      corps. Ever vigilant in our behalf, they recently condemned Michael
      Jackson (Who needs a trial with the people's advocate Nancy Grace and
      CNN judge Larry King on the job?). But even Jackson didn't have the
      audacity to say what Michael Moore said—that the president of the
      United States is a deserter. Yes, indeed. He said that. Not only did
      Moore say it, but he said it in public on a stage in the midst of a
      political campaign. In the midst of a war, no less. The press corps
      blushed in shame for all of us and promptly condemned Moore as an
      ignorant fool who ought to stick with his disgusting comedy shows.

      Fortunately for us, Michael Moore is crazy like a fox. By
      calling Bush a "deserter," (video) he got the big-time journalists—
      horrified David Broder, incredulous Peter Jennings, outraged Robert
      Novak, nonplussed Tim Russert—to openly raise the deserter issue
      before millions. It is now a political topic once again. As the
      journalists damn Moore, the populace is once again wondering, well,
      maybe Bush is a deserter after all. And the idea of a deserter
      running this war makes it even more sick than it already is. Consider
      that this weekend warrior is already responsible for the following
      toll in Iraq: 513 GIs sent to their death; 8,000 medevacked out of
      Iraq; 2,919 wounded (missing arms or legs, or blinded, or psycho);
      and at least 22 GI suicides. God only knows how many Iraqi men,
      women, and children. And when it was his turn to fight for his
      country, Bush booked.

      What are the facts? The single best rundown on this issue was
      contained in an article by Walter V. Robinson of The Boston Globe on
      May 23, 2000. On May 28, 1968, Bush enlisted in the Texas Air
      National Guard's 147th Fighter-Interceptor Group at Ellington Air
      Force Base in Houston and was selected for pilot training. In July of
      that year a board of officers said he should be commissioned as a
      second lieutenant; he left for six weeks of basic training and was
      commissioned that September 4. Then he took off for eight weeks to
      work on a Florida Senate campaign. Next he attended and graduated
      from flight school (November 25, 1968, to November 28, 1969). He
      trained full-time to be an F-102 pilot at Ellington, where from July
      7, 1970, to April 16, 1972, he attended frequent drills and alerts.

      From this point on, his record is murky. Bush's records reveal
      no sign he showed up for duty during his fifth year as a guardsman,
      according to the Globe. On May 24, 1972, Bush had moved to Alabama to
      work on a Senate race and received permission to serve with a reserve
      unit there. Headquarters ordered that he serve with a more active
      unit, and on September 5, 1972, he got permission to perform his
      Guard duty at the 187th Tactical Recon Group in Montgomery. But there
      is no record of his turning up, and the unit commander says he never
      did. From November 1972 to April 30, 1973, Bush was in Houston but
      didn't go to his Guard duties. In May 1973, two lieutenant colonels
      in charge of Bush's Houston unit were unable to rate him for the
      prior 12 months, claiming he had not been at the unit during that
      time. From May to July 1973, Bush logged 36 days on duty after
      special orders for active duty were issued to him. His last day in
      uniform was July 30, 1973, and that October 1, after beginning
      Harvard Business School, this weekend warrior was discharged from the
      Texas Air National Guard. That was eight months before his Guard tour
      was scheduled to expire.

      If the president wasn't a deserter, what was he?
    • belleamie1024
      Message 31 of 31 , Feb 4, 2004
        --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "rstefdc" <stefanidc@k...> wrote:
        > --- In tt-watch@yahoogroups.com, "belleamie1024" <d_wilk@c...>
        wrote:
        >> So is that your function? A paid dissent artist to help release
        some
        >> of the pent-up frustration? Or are you just so clever and wise
        that
        > > you see through all of it and are kind enough to share your
        insight
        > > with us?
        >
        > for once you said it right, agent Smith....:PPPP

        BTW, I'm the dimwit who confused the Earth's orbit around the Sun
        with its rotation on its axis. Would a trained and paid Government
        disinformation agent make such a stupid blunder in the performance
        of his duties? Of course not!

        Unless it's part of a deeper, more sinister scheme...
        BOO WHAA HA HA HA HA!!