[tt-social] Earth is about to discover its destiny...

  • Pat Thomas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4, 1999
      The Tenth Planet

      Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch
      Story by Rand Marlis and Christopher Weaver
      Released June 1999 - Del Rey

      2017: Near the Planet Uranus

      After a deep-space stallite mysteriously stops transmitting, the
      Hubble III telescope picks up a startling image. Astronomers
      don't know what the strange object is --- only that it orbits
      past the Earth every two millennia.

      Meanwhile, archaeologist Leo Cross has discovered peculiar
      layers of black residue at the dig sites around the globe.
      Stranger still, these thin bands occur like clockwork every
      2,006 years, coinciding with some of the world's darkest moments
      in history.

      We have six months to prepare for the next arrival. This time we
      know something is coming. This time we have weapons to defend
      ourselves.

      This time we'll be wrong... again.

      A science fiction saga set on near-future Earth, The Tenth
      Planet challenges our basic beliefs about the solar system and
      ultimately our place in the universe. With cutting-edge
      astronomy, blockbuster action, and high drama, the mystery is
      revealed in a trilogy of adventures.

      Look for the stunning sequels in this exciting series...

      The Tenth Planet... Oblivion
      The Tenth Planet... Final Assault

      Coming Fall 1999!

      I'll let you know how it reads...