Re: Information storage

  • Dawn
    Message 1 of 7 , May 16, 2008
      Chad,

      If you use Firefox there is an addon called "Down Them All!" that can
      do that.

      Have a great day!
      Dawn

      --- In tt-forum@yahoogroups.com, "bookman392" <bookman392@...> wrote:

      > One of the projects I have been working on for the past few years is
      > gathering information and storing it on CDROMs. So far my library on
      > disks is up to 400 disks.
      >
      > Rummage sales are decent places to pick up entire computer systems for
      > $5 to $20. It is nice to have backups.
      >
      > Does anyone know a way to download entire websites? There are quite a
      > few that I would love to have but dont have the time to download each
      > article....
      >
      > Thanks.
      > Chad

    • fabio
      Message 2 of 7 , May 16, 2008
        I'm using (lgoogle for) Teleport Pro (or download it via emule I guess)
        for downloading entire websites.
        It creates mirror browsable copies of the whole site.

        Fabio
        (Italy)

      • MikeL
        Message 3 of 7 , May 17, 2008
          I use "Offline Explorer pro" for this purpose see
          http://www.metaproducts.com/
          It will download an entire site or part of it as you wish. It also sets it
          up to make a bootable CD-ROM if you wish.

          One can also use "Adobe Acrobat Pro" to make a single PDF file for a site.
          This can be also used to make a PDF file from what is downloaded from
          Offline Explorer pro. This doesn't have as much functionality and
          flexibility as the above but does format all pages in such a way that it
          will print on almost any printer and computer. What you do is use an
          earlier version say ver 5.0 or 6.0 to make the PDF. Anything latter than
          this and some computers may not have a late enough Acrobat Reader to read
          it. or if you happen to end up with Ver 7.0 you can down save "reduce file
          size" to Ver 6.0.

          MikeL