White fly update

  • tian boon
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2006
      By trial and error trying to eradicate this white fly, I came up with a simple home made solution that will reduce the population of white flies, it will not eradicate them completely but to the extend that it will not kill my vegetation like in the previous years, it seems it works quiet well.

      Solution:
      1/2 table spoon cayenne powder
      2 table spoon dishwasher detergent( not machine dishwasher detergent)
      1 table spoon cooking oil
      2 Gallon of water

      Mix this solution in a portable pressurize deck spray bottle, and spray underneath the leafs, most of the time the white flies or other insects reside under the leaf.
      For maintenance spry at least once a week, if your garden has been infested already by these white flies one can add to the solution with 1 teaspoon of Malathion 500EC insecticide/gallon of water which will control Aphids, Spider Mites, Whiteflies and other insects .

      I hope this is useful.

      Tian.