Survival Blog, on SCROUNGING (Looking for Experts/Ideas to Record)

  • nancylieder
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 13, 2005
      This issue has come up on many of the survival hours that we recorded,
      Mike Lob being a big fan of getting the public to THINK like this.
      Junk is in the eye of the beholder, etc. It came up on the recording I
      made withg Tim on the Survival Home, using 55 gal drums for methane
      production, the permanent magnet in a lawn mower to make an arc
      welder, etc. It came up in the cutting tools hour, smithing, using the
      leaf springs in a car to made machetes. Came up during the basic
      survival hour with Keith mentioning using dental floss to make a
      spring trap.

      Think of the possibilities, using the roof off a hurricane toppled
      home to make a lean to, I think distilling water using the air cooling
      system of a car has been mentioned. IDEAS! But experience is best, if
      you have that, you're a jewel.

      Whether a jewel or just an idea person who is practical enough to know
      a good idea, I'd love to record a few minutes of your thoughts.
      Contact Nancy at this link:
      http://www.zetatalk.com/index/zetamail.htm
      with your phone number please, and we'll set up a recording session.
      All is anonymous, first name only, no location past your state and you
      can fake it if you want to no problem.

      Thanks in advance. I have a hunch this topic would be rich enough to
      fill an hour, and the PURPOSE of it would be to get the public
      THINKING like that. So I can't shop, but I look around and see
      possibilities, etc.