LED Flashlights more on

  • MikeL
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
      Has anyone had a chance to test one of these crank Dynamo LED mosquito
      repelled flashlights?
      http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-6498687-2846540?asin=B0001W01JW

      If one is looking for a low price on the shaker type flash light that I
      consider would be practical for mostly kids to use. I happen to run
      across the following link. http://www.promoxcetera.com/shake.html

      Mikel
    • josharmstrong@comcast.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 5, 2004
        Mike the shakeable flashlights on your second link aren't worth really getting. I have tried one of them, and didn't care for them much. The light created is very bright and the shakeing action is required more often than specified.
        Try this cheap little light, it's not a bad price or light if you don't need alot of candle power. --> http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/sqdyledfl.html

        Has anyone had a chance to test one of these crank Dynamo LED mosquito
        repelled flashlights?
        http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/601-6498687-2846540?asin=B0001W01JW

        If one is looking for a low price on the shaker type flash light that I
        consider would be practical for mostly kids to use. I happen to run
        across the following link. http://www.promoxcetera.com/shake.html

        Mikel

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

      • Tian Boon
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 6, 2004
          Mosquitoes repellent.

          I am not too sure about the effectiveness of the dragonfly wing frequencies
          will repel the mosquitoes?, I saw a few dragonfly flying around during the
          summer months, we still have mosquitoes around.

          I bought a mosquitoes repellent machine "Mosquito Power Trap", made by
          Flowtron using propane gas, still it is not that effective, after one day
          used I saw only a few mosquitoes fell into the trap container.

          The most effective method I found was using a fogging machine and used
          "Mosquito Fogging Insecticide" which contain Petroleum Distillate, this
          mosquito insecticide is toxic, while fogging it I was wearing an anti toxic
          mask, and I used it only once last summer and it last for the whole summer.

          While working for a telephone company in the 60's, I remember that once a
          while they had to dispatch a technician to a remote telephone hut which uses
          a portable diesel generator and the generator got jammed up, apparently he
          had to clean the generator which was full of dead mosquitoes which were
          attracted by this humming noise of the generator, I believe the generator
          produces almost the same frequencies as the female mosquitoes and hence it
          attracted the male mosquitoes, I couldn't remember the exact frequency of
          this generator, if some of you know of the female mosquito sound frequency,
          please let me know, it is not that difficult to build an oscillator and
          tuned in to that particular sound frequency.

          Tian.

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 7, 2004
            Yes, you are correct. However, they are good to keep a kid busy for a
            while.

            MikeL