Survival CD-ROM Distribution

  • MikeL
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
      Erik, I, and Troy have been working hard to produce a set of reference
      primitive Survival CDs. We have over 10 CD's packed full of information
      ranging from cooking recipes, camping, shelter construction, fishing,
      hunting, tracking, first aid, herbs, fire making, homesteading, amateur
      radio, survival military FM manuals, to many ways of making electricity
      (to name a few of the subjects).

      We stuck to the subject of what would be useful to know in a primitive
      survival environment after a polar shift. These CDs should not be
      confused with the Zetatalk/Troubled Times set that the non-profit is
      distributing. This set could be considered additional supplemental
      primitive survival information.

      We are within a week or so of a finished product. We now need to
      organize a free distribution network.

      We need to have those with a capability of copying CD's that are willing
      to make one or more copy's (including sending it at lest one other
      person or several others) to come forward and say what you are willing
      to do. You will be among the first to receive copies. Please remind me
      of your past contributions to this site.

      We need to have a list of those that would like to have copies but do
      not have the capability to burn CDs. Please give a brief description
      reminding me of your past contributions to this site or if no
      contributions then why we should be sending you a set.

      If anyone has about 10 Gbytes of free server space with a high speed
      internet public connection that is willing to allow the public access to
      freely download and make CDs, please make yourself known.

      Please send you responses to me personally (mikelob@...) please do
      not flood the TT-Forum with this private correspondence.

      MikeL
    • josh armstrong
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 4, 2004
        May I suggest using "Bit torrent" as a collective transfer means. That way,
        many of the slower internet connections out there can help seed the CD's
        over the internet lessening any one-server load, and no-one has to use
        out-of-pocket funds for postage or mass CD production.

        Josh Armstrong

        <>< ---------- ><>

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=129qk1umk/M=315388.5455587.6541274.2152211/D=gr
        oups/S=1705076489:HM/EXP=1097015445/A=2372352/R=0/SIG=12i7vpj02/*https:/www.
        orchardbank.com/hcs/hcsapplication?pf=PLApply&media=EMYHNL40FF1004SS> click
        here

        <http://us.adserver.yahoo.com/l?M=315388.5455587.6541274.2152211/D=groups/S=
        :HM/A=2372352/rand=690255772>

        _____

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Stephen Spiesser
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 5, 2004
          Hi Mike

          I congratulate you on your great effort. I agree with the approach you have
          taken & personally would like to obtain a copy when you are ready.

          Good luck

          Stephen
          > Erik, I, and Troy have been working hard to produce a set of reference
          > primitive Survival CDs. We have over 10 CD's packed full of information
          > ranging from cooking recipes, camping, shelter construction, fishing,
          > hunting, tracking, first aid, herbs, fire making, homesteading, amateur
          > radio, survival military FM manuals, to many ways of making electricity
          > (to name a few of the subjects).
          >
          > We stuck to the subject of what would be useful to know in a primitive
          > survival environment after a polar shift. These CDs should not be
          > confused with the Zetatalk/Troubled Times set that the non-profit is
          > distributing. This set could be considered additional supplemental
          > primitive survival information.
          >
          > We are within a week or so of a finished product. We now need to
          > organize a free distribution network.
          >
          > We need to have those with a capability of copying CD's that are willing
          > to make one or more copy's (including sending it at lest one other
          > person or several others) to come forward and say what you are willing
          > to do. You will be among the first to receive copies. Please remind me
          > of your past contributions to this site.
          >
          > We need to have a list of those that would like to have copies but do
          > not have the capability to burn CDs. Please give a brief description
          > reminding me of your past contributions to this site or if no
          > contributions then why we should be sending you a set.
          >
          > If anyone has about 10 Gbytes of free server space with a high speed
          > internet public connection that is willing to allow the public access to
          > freely download and make CDs, please make yourself known.
          >
          > Please send you responses to me personally (mikelob@...) please do
          > not flood the TT-Forum with this private correspondence.
          >
          > MikeL
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • MikeL
          Message 4 of 5 , Oct 9, 2004
            Current status: We now have 4 Volunteer limited production copy stations
            for distribution. I will be keeping the names of these volunteers
            confidential to keep them from getting inundated. The CD set is nearly
            complete and a copy will be sent to each of these copy stations soon.
            At this point we are still open for more request as outlined in the
            attached. Please communicate in private e-mail to Mikelob@....

            MikeL

            MikeL wrote:

            > Erik, I, and Troy have been working hard to produce a set of reference
            > primitive Survival CDs. We have over 10 CD's packed full of information
            > ranging from cooking recipes, camping, shelter construction, fishing,
            > hunting, tracking, first aid, herbs, fire making, homesteading, amateur
            > radio, survival military FM manuals, to many ways of making electricity
            > (to name a few of the subjects).
            >
            > We stuck to the subject of what would be useful to know in a primitive
            > survival environment after a polar shift. These CDs should not be
            > confused with the Zetatalk/Troubled Times set that the non-profit is
            > distributing. This set could be considered additional supplemental
            > primitive survival information.
            >
            > We are within a week or so of a finished product. We now need to
            > organize a free distribution network.
            >
            > We need to have those with a capability of copying CD's that are willing
            > to make one or more copy's (including sending it at lest one other
            > person or several others) to come forward and say what you are willing
            > to do. You will be among the first to receive copies. Please remind me
            > of your past contributions to this site.
            >
            > We need to have a list of those that would like to have copies but do
            > not have the capability to burn CDs. Please give a brief description
            > reminding me of your past contributions to this site or if no
            > contributions then why we should be sending you a set.
            >
            > If anyone has about 10 Gbytes of free server space with a high speed
            > internet public connection that is willing to allow the public access to
            > freely download and make CDs, please make yourself known.
            >
            > Please send you responses to me personally (mikelob@...) please do
            > not flood the TT-Forum with this private correspondence.
            >
            > MikeL
            >

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Josh Armstrong
            Message 5 of 5 , Oct 16, 2004
              How is everything going with the Survival CD-ROM Distribution? Are
              you still working on mass delivery/production methods, or is the
              project at a momentary stand still? Please keep us updated whenever
              possible.

              Thank you,
              Josh A.