LED Dynamo Flashlight testing

  • MikeL
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 2, 2004
      I purchased one of these recently at Major Surplus and Survival on sale
      for $19.99. Item number 3-7324 in there catalog. On a one Min crank
      charge of the Lithium battery it was still putting out light 1 hour and
      15 min later. It was maybe 10-20% of the original light intensity. The
      literature claims it will burn for 30 min. I found this to be more than
      true.

      The unit is much better construction than any pumper type that I have
      tested. It looks like it would last a year or two under everyday use.
      Most pumpers that I have tested won't last a week. The battery is rated
      to be 500 or more charges. The only down side is it is not water proof.
      It is water resistant though. All in All this unit looks usable and
      practical. The following link is provided to give a picture of what it
      looks like.

      If this link wraps - try pasting it back together in the browser and
      hitting enter.
      http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MSS&Product_Code=057318&Category_Code=23

      If this link still gives trouble then go to:
      http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/index.htm
      Hit search on the left side bar and put in "dynamo flashlight" or 5-7318.

      MikeL
    • tian boon
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 3, 2004
        Thanks Mike, I think you are right this is one of the best crank up flash
        light, in comparison with the older type, I just ordered two this morning.

        Tian.

        > I purchased one of these recently at Major Surplus and Survival on sale
        > for $19.99. Item number 3-7324 in there catalog. On a one Min crank
        > charge of the Lithium battery it was still putting out light 1 hour and
        > 15 min later. It was maybe 10-20% of the original light intensity. The
        > literature claims it will burn for 30 min. I found this to be more than
        > true.
        >
        > The unit is much better construction than any pumper type that I have
        > tested. It looks like it would last a year or two under everyday use.
        > Most pumpers that I have tested won't last a week. The battery is rated
        > to be 500 or more charges. The only down side is it is not water proof.
        > It is water resistant though. All in All this unit looks usable and
        > practical. The following link is provided to give a picture of what it
        > looks like.
        >
        > If this link wraps - try pasting it back together in the browser and
        > hitting enter.

        http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=MSS&Product_Code=057318&Category_Code=23

        > If this link still gives trouble then go to:
        > http://www.majorsurplusnsurvival.com/index.htm
        > Hit search on the left side bar and put in "dynamo flashlight" or 5-7318.
        >
        > MikeL
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • wsteland
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 17, 2004
          Hi,

          Lowes in now selling these flashlights branded from DuraPRO tools name
          as the "MegaBRITE self-powered" flashlight for $19.98.

          -Troy