[tt-forum] Re. Grapefruit seed extract

  • janar@dove.net.au
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 1999
      WOWW!! Thank you MikeL,

      Now THAT'S what I call information.
      Sorry I misread grape/grapefruit, but glad I did as we wouldn't have gotten the sites you sent otherwise. It immediately sent me searching for Aussie info, regrettably I only found one and it wasn't as effusive, but at least I know the product is available here. I had heard of grapefriut seed but not the same info as you provided.

      eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tt-forum
    • janar@dove.net.au
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 1999
        Sorry I didn't finish that last posting.

        I get my information from my training manuals, books too numerous to count and the herbal companies I distribute for, I also have two CDs called Hyperhealth vol 96.1 & 99.2 as refreshers (they are backed by scientific research). I also use the internet whenever I get the time, that's why I loved the sites you posted.

        My manuals also gave no discernible differences between Parsely roots, seeds, or leaves they are all very good and even better, easy to grow.

        One of the ingredients that wasn't included in the Parasite formulation, from the site you provided, that I would consider a must, was wormwood, it too is easy to grow in your herb garden.

        I have a video of live microscopic blood tests of people tested for complaints as diverse as chronic fatigue syndrome and chemical poisoning showing the differences before and after taking Pycnogenol (from maritime pine). It is still being argued that grape seed extract is better than pycnogenol, but the tests ARE impressive.

        Keep the great info coming. Jan.R

        eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tt-forum
      • Steve Ferguson
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 1999
          Well Jan, info flows both ways. If you have manuals and book too numerous
          to mention, could you boil the information down and recommend the best
          ones? Same with you MikeL and everyone else. I found that I have bought and
          read just about every book recommended on this list. If nothing else, the
          books have become a good, and growing, reference library on just about
          every related topic that I would not necessarily have found on my own.

          SteveF

          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 1999
            Your right Steve it's a two way street, so here goes (the list does not include my training manuals as they are not available).
            Firstly I wouldn't be without a copy of 'Nutrition Almanac' Nutrition Search,Inc. John D.Kirschmann (director)(no individual author/authors) or 'Is the Medicine making you ill?' David M Jackson & Rayner Soothill. The Australian Consumers' Association. They can get you started in the right direction.
            'Today's Herbal health' Louise Tenney.- 'The vitamin Bible' Earl Mindell.- 'The How to Herb book' (let's remedy the situation) by Velma J Keith & Monteen Gordon.- 'Nutritional Herbology' Mark Pederson. (the Irodologist who designed the cover, Steven Horne also put out a set of 8 Audio tapes in the form of lectures, I met him when he was lecturing here, He's American)- What's wrong with you', 'The book of Herbs', & 'Irodology' by Dorothy Hall (Australian Practitioner) 'Understanding Cancer' by W H McCarthy, associate Professor of surgery, University of Sydney. 'The Yeast Connection' by William G. Crook. M.D.(mentioned in the Nutriteam site provided by MikeL).

            I always get a chuckle over a the name William Crook M.D. (Dr. Crook) because in Aust. when ever someone is ill we ask them if they are feeling 'crook', We're a really 'weird mob' in Oz.

            I'm a newcomer to tt and have missed the info given, so how about some titles you consider worthy Steve (on any subject relating to preparedness and self sufficiency). JanR.

            <199903011109_mc2-6c3e-678-@...> wrote:
            Original Article: http://www.egroups.com/list/tt-forum/?start=81
            > Well Jan, info flows both ways. If you have manuals and book too numerous
            > to mention, could you boil the information down and recommend the best
            > ones? Same with you MikeL and everyone else. I found that I have bought and
            > read just about every book recommended on this list. If nothing else, the
            > books have become a good, and growing, reference library on just about
            > every related topic that I would not necessarily have found on my own.
            >
            > SteveF
            >

            > >Sorry I didn't finish that last posting.
            >
            > >I get my information from my training manuals, books too numerous to count
            > and the herbal >companies I distribute for, I also have two CDs called
            > Hyperhealth vol 96.1 & 99.2 as refreshers (they >are backed by scientific
            > research). I also use the internet when!
            > >ever I get the time, that's why I loved the sites you posted.
            >
            > >My manuals also gave no discernible differences between Parsely roots,
            > seeds, or leaves they are >all very good and even better, easy to grow.
            >
            > >One of the ingredients that wasn't included in the Parasite formulation,
            > from the site you provided, that >I would consider a must, was wormwood, it
            > too is easy to grow in your herb garden.
            >
            > >I have a video of live microscopic blood tests of people tested for
            > complaints as diverse as chronic >fatigue syndrome and chemical poisoning
            > showing the differences before and after taking >Pycnogenol (from maritime
            > pine). It is still being argued that grape!
            > > seed extract is better than pycnogenol, but the tests ARE impressive.
            >
            > >Keep the great info coming. Jan.R

            eGroup home: http://www.eGroups.com/list/tt-forum
          • MikeL
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 1999
              janar@... wrote:

              > WOWW!! Thank you MikeL,
              >
              > Now THAT'S what I call information.
              > Sorry I misread grape/grapefruit, but glad I did as we wouldn't have gotten the sites you sent otherwise.

              Just as a side note: I mix GSE (Grapefruit seed extract) colloidal
              silver and water together and use it for everything from spraying the
              shower once a month to minimize the need of cleaning off mold, to
              spraying my raw vegetables that I eat for lunch. To save time I mass
              produce my lunches I take to work. I make enough for 2 weeks. Spraying
              the vegetables and keeping them wrapped in the refrigerator until I take
              it to work. GSE and silver makes them last much longer. This spray
              works good on electric raisers to keep the mold-fungus from forming. I
              have also used it as an under arm deodorant. However, now that I have
              increased the amount of zinc intake, this is becoming less necessary.
              Zinc in the bodies sweat will inhibit fungus-bacteria. This spray also
              make a strong but effective mouth wash. I plan to have enough in case
              of a plague before and/or after PS.

              MikeL

              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 1999
                Steve Ferguson wrote:

                > Well Jan, info flows both ways. If you have manuals and book too numerous
                > to mention, could you boil the information down and recommend the best
                > ones? Same with you MikeL

                I have about 3 boxes of various natural health books, however, as time
                goes on I keep coming back to two master herb doctors. Why do I respect
                them? They didn't write books using the research of other books. They
                were doers and got out there and cured people most of the time when left
                to go home and die by the medical profession. The medical doctors would
                say there is nothing more we can do for you. These two would then
                proceed to cure them. It didn't matter if it was cancer or some other
                incurable disease. So as a result I treat the other books often written
                by PhDs as something that is interesting but that needs to be tested. I
                have seen PhDs say in their books this and that will work as if all
                treatments are all equal when they are not. The truth is they often
                never tried it or cured anyone of anything they only rewrote what others
                have said. Often the wimpy dosages recommended are not enough to cure.
                I treat the data from these two herb doctors as much more workable. I
                am talking about Dr. John R. Christopher and his kick ass tough student
                Dr. Richard Schulze. I believe the majority of what you find that either
                of these two have said is good data. I currently have the book "School
                of Natural healing" by Dr. john R. Christopher copyright 1976 which I
                believe still may be able to be purchased from his son's herb shop
                1-800-453-1406. The next source is "Save-Your-Life herbal video
                Collation" A series of about 12 hr. of video lectures by both Schulze
                and Christopher. This is a bit pricey at $350. If you can find some one
                who has a copy to barrow or can share the cost it is worth it. Source -
                University of natural Healing, Inc,. 355 West Rio Road, Suite 201
                Charlottesville, Va 22901 These videos and other herb training manuals
                and tapes by DR. Schulze can also be obtained from American Botanical
                Pharmacy P.O. Box 3027, Santa Monica, California 90408 call
                1-800-437-2362 for a catalog. Sam Biser in his "Last Chance Health
                Reports" often quotes Dr. schulze for many years now. You may be able
                to get this from contacting University of Natural Healing 1-804 973-0262
                and asking for a price list and index of back issues.

                I hope this answers your question.

                MikeL

                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 3, 1999
                  Fair enough, I guess I can take my own advice. "Making the Best of the
                  Basics" (Family preparedness handbook) by James Talmage Stevens.
                  "Wilderness Living & Survival Skills" (or any books by them for surviving
                  by starting with nothing) by John & Geri McPherson. "Survival" by Xavier
                  Maniguet. "The Herbal Medicine Cabinet" by Debra St. Claire (descriptions
                  with actual pictures of the plants mentioned). "Seed to Seed" by Suzanne
                  Ashworth (for harvesting and saving seeds from a variety of food).
                  "Hydroponic Food Production" by Howard M. Resh (a very definitive guide to
                  hydroponics). "Home Power" Magazine as well as catalogs from renewable
                  energy dealers for energy needs. Various books by Dan Millman and Carlos
                  Castenada et al (for living with integrity and impeccability) "Notes from
                  the Cosmos" by Gordon-Michael Scallion as well as his newsletters for
                  future events, and of course Zetatalk and tt isn't so bad either
                  ......These are just a few, but I have found from my own personal
                  experience, are a good basis to start with. There are also many good ones
                  mentioned in the tt forum areas.

                  SteveF