Battery State of Charge Meter

  • MikeL
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2003
      To determine the state of charge for our battery banks, we have found
      the best thing to use to be the E-Meter see the following as examples:

      From:www.solarcellsales.com/products/E-Meter.cfm
      From:www.rv-solar.com/e-meter.html

      It samples measurements of current into and out of the battery along
      with voltage to calculate the state of charge. It also will correct it's
      self over a number of discharge cycles to become more accurate. It does
      internal curve matching to the actual battery bank you end up with.
      Costs about $250 but is worth it. It does take a bit of setup
      programing. It works with a verity of voltages. We use one for our 12 V
      system and another for our 48 V system.

      MikeL