Re: Is The Prophsied Comet Here?

  • endeavour3d <endeavour3d@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1 7:29 PM
      you are comparing apples with golf balls.

      First, it is NOT possible for a comet, especially one as small as
      NEAT to cause a coronal mass ejection, that would be analagous to a
      bullet blowing up the great pyramid at Giza by shooting at it. I do
      not know where you got that information, but I would really like to
      see it! If it came from Nasa.gov, then either the scientists are
      really stupid, or they are really getting desperate in PX
      disinformation...

      Second, Shoemaker-Levy-9 was broken up by gravitic forces from
      Juptier, it then came back and impacted the surface, that event has
      nothing to do with this discussion.

      Third, I said comets are harmless, I didn't mean completely, I mean't
      when they are just floating around the sun, of course they are
      devastating when they impact a planet, any large object traveling at
      sub-light speeds would.

      For someone who thinks I am misinformed, should goto the store and
      buy a clue and maybe a book in astrophysics before they shoot their
      mouth off about something they do not understand...

    • DRFENN@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 5 4:26 AM
        Have you measured neat.........? do you have information about it that
        you can personally verify?

        I doubt it, and as clever as much knowledge on the subject as you think you
        have you have only learnt from the writings of others, how do you know how
        big a comet can get? how do you know how many types of comet exist? why
        are you so sure of your facts?.....................ego speaks as if it has
        the only truth.

        So instead of suggesting i read a book, i suggest you throw yours away, most
        of them are pure theory and as we all know these are proven wrong
        continuously
        My original comments were in reaction to your apparent arrogance and for the
        tone of those comments i apologise, but your reaction only serves to
        highlight your dependence on being right all the time.
        Regards
        Ian Fenn